mcq's on new ed of lawrence gen surg

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bulldog

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
did the older ed have mcq's in the text? i flipped thorugh new ed and just saw that there was some code to access 500 mcq online. can somoene clarify this and how good the lawrence mcq's are? i dunno if i should be reading the text or doing standard surg recall + pretest + a&l. speaking of surg recall, what do u focus on when studying this book in preparation of shelf? i'm not particularly good at memorizing lists (i.e. etiology of dz "x" might have 10 causes), and just skimming thorugh the first 150 pages or so seem like an easy read.

Members don't see this ad.

bulldog said:
did the older ed have mcq's in the text? i flipped thorugh new ed and just saw that there was some code to access 500 mcq online. can somoene clarify this and how good the lawrence mcq's are? i dunno if i should be reading the text or doing standard surg recall + pretest + a&l. speaking of surg recall, what do u focus on when studying this book in preparation of shelf? i'm not particularly good at memorizing lists (i.e. etiology of dz "x" might have 10 causes), and just skimming thorugh the first 150 pages or so seem like an easy read.

Surgical Recall was the best book for surgery--just keep reading through it again and again and the important stuff will really start to stick. Trust me, I'm not a big fan of lists either, but it works. I thought the Lawrence online questions sucked quite frankly and thought that Lawrence in general was way overrated. As far as actual shelf preparation, that exam is a monster. I don't think there's really a good way or a good book to use.