MCV vs UVA for Derm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Norman123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey
I'm trying to choose between UVA and MCV for school. I know there has been a lot of debate over these two in the past but I haven't seen any recent posts (sorry if I missed them) and I wanted to know if the new curriculum for MCV was changing people's opinions.
Also, I'm also planning on going into derm so I'm trying to consider class ranking vs school name for that specialty in particular.

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm just a Pre Med but I know a friend that was accepted to both schools and ended up choosing MCV and he loves it. but that's just him

Can you share more about your interview days at both schools? What do you think are pros and cons?

(In b4 "Streampaw, is that you?")

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey
I'm trying to choose between UVA and MCV for school. I know there has been a lot of debate over these two in the past but I haven't seen any recent posts (sorry if I missed them) and I wanted to know if the new curriculum for MCV was changing people's opinions.
Also, I'm also planning on going into derm so I'm trying to consider class ranking vs school name for that specialty in particular.

Thanks for the help!

Lol. Just lol.

Go to the cheaper one, do your best and hope it's good enough if in 4 years you still want to do derm.

Reactions: 1 users
Of the two, I think UVA def has the better reputation. However, in regards to matching derm, i don't think uva would give you a significant advantage. They both have a derm residency program, so you'll benefit from that at either school. Also, other factors like board score, clinical grades, AOA, Letters etc. are more Important. Oh and a good attitude, very important.

Just pick the one you prefer. I would pick UVA, just to be safe haha