MCW 2011 part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with Marc. That was excellent work.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, as a potential MCW-er, I was wondering if you could answer some of my questions....I'm going on a second-look visit in a couple weeks, but it'd be nice to have some information ahead of time. I also don't mean to sound negative in my questions (MCW is currently my top choice), but i'm just dying for some honesty and bluntness (plus, I currently don't really have any Con's to speak of in regards to MCW. Mainly because I just don't know much about the school):

1). Can anyone tell me about the year 3/4 clinical rotations? Is there a lot of hands-on experience, do you get to see a wide range of diseases/traumas, etc? Or is it more scut-work, without doing anything or seeing anything too exciting?

2). The grading system? How often are there exams, and are the exams all at once ("block system" I think is how people refer to it)? I think I could find this information online, but if you could tell me more your opinion on the situation, thats probably what I would prefer.

3). How flexible is the administration with people doing electives away from the med school during your 4th yr. or 3rd yr.? The reason I ask is because people say that this will give you some flexibility to explore places you might want to do residency in. Maybe along these same lines...how many people do their residencies at MCW? Is this a viable back-up option, or is there no real correlation? Honestly, I can't really figure out how to decipher match lists, so this is kind of where i'm going with this. I really wish they still had to disclose that figure of "how many people matched into their top (or top 2) choices for residency".

4). How "easy" is it to pick which rotations you want to do, and when? For example, if you know you really want to go into one of three fields of medicine, how difficult would it be to choose to rotate in those three fields during year 3?

5). How well do you feel you know the course material after the class is over? Also, I know this is more on an individual basis, but for the 3rd year students, how well prepared did you feel for boards after the first 2 yrs? Did you have to completely relearn things or did you have to learn a lot of topics for more or less the first time?

Thanks a lot for your help. I'm not sure I really explained my questions too well, but hopefully some of you will be able to answer some of them...

Thanks again!

Oh yeah, and one more thing, are lectures recorded? Or is there a scribe service of some sort?

Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, as a potential MCW-er, I was wondering if you could answer some of my questions....I'm going on a second-look visit in a couple weeks, but it'd be nice to have some information ahead of time. I also don't mean to sound negative in my questions (MCW is currently my top choice), but i'm just dying for some honesty and bluntness (plus, I currently don't really have any Con's to speak of in regards to MCW. Mainly because I just don't know much about the school):

2). The grading system? How often are there exams, and are the exams all at once ("block system" I think is how people refer to it)? I think I could find this information online, but if you could tell me more your opinion on the situation, thats probably what I would prefer.

3). How flexible is the administration with people doing electives away from the med school during your 4th yr. or 3rd yr.? The reason I ask is because people say that this will give you some flexibility to explore places you might want to do residency in. Maybe along these same lines...how many people do their residencies at MCW? Is this a viable back-up option, or is there no real correlation? Honestly, I can't really figure out how to decipher match lists, so this is kind of where i'm going with this. I really wish they still had to disclose that figure of "how many people matched into their top (or top 2) choices for residency".

4). How "easy" is it to pick which rotations you want to do, and when? For example, if you know you really want to go into one of three fields of medicine, how difficult would it be to choose to rotate in those three fields during year 3?

5). How well do you feel you know the course material after the class is over? Also, I know this is more on an individual basis, but for the 3rd year students, how well prepared did you feel for boards after the first 2 yrs? Did you have to completely relearn things or did you have to learn a lot of topics for more or less the first time?

Thanks a lot for your help. I'm not sure I really explained my questions too well, but hopefully some of you will be able to answer some of them...

Thanks again!

I'm an M2, so I'll answer what I can, some stuff will be based on friends (M4s) because I really don't want to pay attention to health policy.

2. Here's a link from the old 2011 thread about the block schedule. We all start disscussing it.
3/5/07

I actually started liking the 2nd year schedule 2nd year with exams a week apart. Not too keen on next week with pharm on Mon and path on Tues.

3. One of my friends did 2 away electives (one in Oregon and one in Zimbabwe). Another friend, was gone from Sept thru February because he had all of his away electives + vacations clumped together, and he went home to CA. You can only do away electives 4th year.

4. M2 year you pick which track you want to be on for 3rd year. That's your only choice, plus your elective (1 month)/vacation. Everyone has the same core classes, but I for example, will have ortho in Nov instead of a vacation, and I'll have the big 3 (surgery, peds, medicine) Jan-June.

You get more choice 4th year, but I can't comment too much on that.

5. I know I'm going to have to complete learn neuro, biochem and devo (and anything psych/statistics related) before boards. I think I learned physiology and path well, and I'm learning pharm well now. Anatomy I don't think should be too bad.

Oh yeah, and one more thing, are lectures recorded? Or is there a scribe service of some sort?

Thanks again!

Yes.

I'm not in coops. I don't trust other people's notes, and I'm a compulsive class goer. If I'm forced to miss lecture (eg. emergency surgery), I listen to it online.

I'm an M2, so I'll answer what I can, some stuff will be based on friends (M4s) because I really don't want to pay attention to health policy.

2. Here's a link from the old 2011 thread about the block schedule. We all start disscussing it.
3/5/07

I actually started liking the 2nd year schedule 2nd year with exams a week apart. Not too keen on next week with pharm on Mon and path on Tues.

3. One of my friends did 2 away electives (one in Oregon and one in Zimbabwe). Another friend, was gone from Sept thru February because he had all of his away electives + vacations clumped together, and he went home to CA. You can only do away electives 4th year.

4. M2 year you pick which track you want to be on for 3rd year. That's your only choice, plus your elective (1 month)/vacation. Everyone has the same core classes, but I for example, will have ortho in Nov instead of a vacation, and I'll have the big 3 (surgery, peds, medicine) Jan-June.

You get more choice 4th year, but I can't comment too much on that.

5. I know I'm going to have to complete learn neuro, biochem and devo (and anything psych/statistics related) before boards. I think I learned physiology and path well, and I'm learning pharm well now. Anatomy I don't think should be too bad.

Yes.

I'm no in coops. I don't trust other people's notes, and I'm a compulsive class goer. If I'm forced to miss lecture (eg. emergency surgery), I listen to it online.

Thanks a lot for your help. When you said: "M2 year you pick which track you want to be on for 3rd year", what do you mean by "track"? What exactly are you picking?

Thanks a lot for your help. When you said: "M2 year you pick which track you want to be on for 3rd year", what do you mean by "track"? What exactly are you picking?

What order you want to do your core classes in. For example, mine is
Psych/neuro, Ob/Gyn, Family med, Ortho, CPR (Clinical skills/anesthesiology), Surgery, Peds, Medicine.

I'm going to leave the questions that can be answered by the M-2s/M-1s to them. I'll take the upperclasspersons' questions. :) (I'm sure Don will add at some point too)
1). Can anyone tell me about the year 3/4 clinical rotations? Is there a lot of hands-on experience, do you get to see a wide range of diseases/traumas, etc? Or is it more scut-work, without doing anything or seeing anything too exciting?
Hands on experience is everything. Yes, you do some scutwork (making phone calls, searching out records, etc), but a lot of the scutwork is patient care. So yes, I get sent to do rectal exams. And draw blood cultures. But I don't mind--it's better than sitting in classes all day.
You get to see a huge range of everything, since you rotate in 9-10 fields during the third year and do 8 rotations your fourth year. Of course, common things being common, you see a lot of strep throat on peds and a lot of COPD on medicine. But that's what you see in the real world too... this isn't House (much to my father's disappointment).

You can only do graded away rotations during your fourth year. You can do up to four, I think.
I would be careful about saying anyone who stays at MCW is doing it as a "back up" option. Some of the residency programs here are really quite good. And many people from the area (or not, for that matter) really want to stay here. From my very unofficial straw poll, most of the people I've talked to were pretty happy with their match choice. Your personal application has much more to do with what residency you match into, just like your college didn't matter that much for medical school and your high school didn't matter that much for college. That's the joy of the boards--they standardize everyone.

The track schedule is somewhere on the website, and you can see the 16 options you have for third year. If your three interests are pediatric urology, orthopedic surgery, and forensic pathology, you will have a problem. However, if it's between peds, medicine, and family med, then you're fine. You do get one elective during your third year, so you do with that what you wish. My field is one of the required clerkships, so I did radiology as my elective. Don (the other M-3 that posts) wants to do urology, so that's his elective.

As it was for the MCAT, the more recent stuff sticks in your head better. Do I remember everything from embryology now? No. Nor do I remember what was on my senior year in high school environmental science exam. But I did know the material once, so I'm sure I could brush up on the nitrogen cycle much quicker than learning it the first time.
I would guesstimate that about half of my knowledge for the boards was actually retained from the first two years, and half was gleaned (or re-remembered) during the three weeks I intensively studied for it. That's probably more of a personal thing than based on MCW's curriculum. I think certain classes do a better job of preparing you for the boards-style questions than others. I also think the most important and useful way to study for the boards is doing practice questions (Qbank, USMLE world, etc). There's no way anyone took boards the day after finals without studying (or at least reviewing) everything but path and pharm, though. And if anyone tells you that, about any school, they're lying through their pearly whites.

I'm not in coops. I don't trust other people's notes, and I'm a compulsive class goer. If I'm forced to miss lecture (eg. emergency surgery), I listen to it online.
For those of you who are not interested in attending class, you really only need to attend a handful of anatomy lectures (because some have incomplete notes), but all of biochem and all of human development have thorough notes. You can definitely do well in those classes without setting foot in lecture (or listening to them or reading the co-ops). My class skipping has definitely increased this semester, and it doesn't really have any correlation with my grades (I'm doing better in the class I attend less actually).

people should also keep in mind Serafino Square and The Reserve are a tad more pricey and won't fit everyone's budget.

i'm regretting not signing that record contract more and more every day.
"a tad" meaning that a two bedroom at Serafino was $1050 a month, not including utilities, which will probably exceed $100 a month in the winter. But it was really, really nice. I found a 2BR/1 bath apartment in a six-plex one mile east of Serafino (it's on 90th and North, along with MANY other 4-6 unit buildings) for $675 a month, and there was a 2BR/1 bath apartment we checked out on 76th and Bluemound for $600 a month including utilities, but it wasn't quite what we were looking for (and the landlord was a bit wacky).

I also get irritated when everyone hypes up the dog lab, but could care less the other animals used, such as rabbits, rats, etc. You don't hear about protests at all the high schools and colleges dissecting cats every year across the country.

Yeah, that troubles me, too. I was actually uncomfortable with the muscle phys lab (we use aortas and jejeunum from rabbits for smooth muscle lab, and pithed frogs for skeletal muscle lab), especially when our aorta was not doing anything and the grad student went in the back "to get some more". Tomorrow's lab (which I haven't read yet) apparently involves rats, and I'm not sure what I'll do. The dog thing did push me over the edge into not wanting to participate, and to this day I couldn't tell you exactly why.

I think we do have more of an urge to protect creatures that we see as more like us, and I toy with blaming biology--the same instinct that leads us to put our families and our "tribe" before strangers. My ex would eat all kinds of sushi EXCEPT octopus because octopus are apparently surprisingly intelligent (it takes them very little time to figure out how to open a jar if you put a sea anemone in it and they want to eat it). He just felt a kind of kinship with the octopus. But I don't know if it's that simple.

Yet I whacked the living crap out of a centipede two days ago with very few qualms. I'm not so much identifying with the centipede.

I'm an M1, and I like the blocks. There are a few study days mixed into exam week, and I like that you have a weekend with few responsibilities (usually there's ONE lecture the day after exams) right after, so you get to decompress from time to time.
Grading scales vary per course, so that courses in which people tend to do well have high scales, and others have more generous ones. Grades are Honor, High-Pass, Pass, Low-pass and Fail. This prevents gunning, because although you COULD mentally convert these grades into A, B, C, D, F, doing so would require a highly sophisticated one-to-one matching algorithm known as "Duh!"

Seriously, most people are not very competitive about their grades and are very nice and if you try hard you can forget that you're not getting the same kind of super grades you probably got as a pre-med. Try REALLY HARD. (I suck at this part).

Grading scales vary per course, so that courses in which people tend to do well have high scales, and others have more generous ones. Grades are Honor, High-Pass, Pass, Low-pass and Fail. This prevents gunning, because although you COULD mentally convert these grades into A, B, C, D, F, doing so would require a highly sophisticated one-to-one matching algorithm known as "Duh!"
However, if you look at our neuro syllabus, the Honors, High Pass, Pass, Low Pass and Fail correlate with the grad student grades of A+, A-, B+, B- and Fail. I know a grad student from UWM in neuro with us who said he needs a B+ (pass) for the grade to transfer. I'll just tell myself that I'm getting A's and B's. :p

I'm just happy if I beat the mean on exams.

Like so much in life, the hands on experience is what you make of it. I've done tons, such as put in a chest tube, first assisted on a couple of surgeries, and all of the usual stuff. I've found if you ask to do things, and show interest, you're resident or attending will eventually let you. That said, you also have to prove you're competent before they let you do the "cooler" stuff (i.e., you have to earn it).
I agree with everything Xandie said. I've seen tons of common stuff, and the occasional zebra like Prader-Willi and Wilms Tumor. You get a good experience seeing what you will need to see. There is some scut here and there, but if it involves patient care (like looking up labs, etc), it isn't scut.

Residency is a very personal decision. There are many specialty choices where one can have a wide range of choices of locations/programs to select from. This provides a lot of people with the opportunity to go back to the area they are from after four long years away. For others, it's a chance to branch out.

Well said by Xandie. The elective choice can be very important here. For me it has been crucial. If MCW doesn't offer a graded third year elective, consider an ungraded experience during your vacation month. Even two weeks can go a long way to helping you make your decision.

I felt well prepared, and still went nuts studying for Step 1. Overall, MCW does well on the boards. Our class average this year was right around the national mean.

Members don't see this ad :)
I felt well prepared, and still went nuts studying for Step 1. Overall, MCW does well on the boards. Our class average this year was right around the national mean.
I'm sure you brought it up about 5 points. :p

But I brought it down to balance him out. :)

I just have a few boring financial aid-y questions for you experts.... When did y'all get your financial aid packages from MCW? I was fortunate to get my acceptance early so I got all my financial aid stuff in by the first week in Feb. Does getting the paperwork in sooner help first year students get an offer quicker? Also, when do they send us information about orientation? Thanks!

I just have a few boring financial aid-y questions for you experts.... When did y'all get your financial aid packages from MCW? I was fortunate to get my acceptance early so I got all my financial aid stuff in by the first week in Feb. Does getting the paperwork in sooner help first year students get an offer quicker? Also, when do they send us information about orientation? Thanks!

welcome to MCW! i think you can expect that stuff by mid-summer. i think they process all of the incoming M1s and send them all out at once. They're dealing with all of ours right now.

this question probably gets asked a million times over, but how much time do you have outside of lecture/lab/shadowing? i know so much of it depends on personality & how you study, but do most of you feel like you have some free time? do any of you have jobs? i worked full time as an undergrad and when i asked during the interview process about jobs i kind of got the impression that it was frowned upon. i dunno, i guess the thought of $40,000 in loans each year is still making my head spin...oh well :rolleyes: ...

this question probably gets asked a million times over, but how much time do you have outside of lecture/lab/shadowing? i know so much of it depends on personality & how you study, but do most of you feel like you have some free time? do any of you have jobs? i worked full time as an undergrad and when i asked during the interview process about jobs i kind of got the impression that it was frowned upon. i dunno, i guess the thought of $40,000 in loans each year is still making my head spin...oh well :rolleyes: ...

Shadowing? I think the only times I've ever done shadowing during school were when it's required. I did that during college breaks, and my first Christmas vacation because I was bored when I was home, and my dad could arrange it (I also just spend a lot of time at my dad's office anyway, so why not go watch some surgeries). Though, there are people who shadow. Oh, and my research preceptor in the summer had me be a stick holder for surgery 1 day a week during June, (that was until I hurt my hand, and I couldn't scrub in anymore).

You've got time to do stuff. I'll be not enough time for a full time job though, but there's time to relax. I've never had a job during school, except once for 6 weeks in summer school (that was part-time, Desk Assistant for a dorm). First year I had a lot more time, but that's because I didn't study as much first semester M1 year. Second semester, I figured out my study style I use now, and I like it -- it's effective. First semester this year, I didn't do anything aside from study. Now, I'm studying a lot, but I've also been able to work in a few things with friends (usually weekly wing night), snowboarding when there was snow, riding my bike when it's warm. First semester this year, I did go kinda crazy and I got burnt out right about thanksgiving, then I went away at Thanksgiving, and I came back slightly unmotivated to do anything more than burn the grade-buffers I had built up. However, I was a lot happier and more sane.

I have a job. It's tough though, and scheduling gets more difficult as time goes on.

first semester of first year, your time can be awfully cramped, especially in the several weeks of anatomy 4x a week. Second semester gives you a lot more free time, especially when you start skipping class. :smuggrin:

I know it is probably really to early to start looking, but I was browsing for apartments near the school...any suggestions for specific apts. that are good or that med students tend to live in?

I know it is probably really to early to start looking, but I was browsing for apartments near the school...any suggestions for specific apts. that are good or that med students tend to live in?

It depends on what you like. I was interested in a double big enough for a roommate with lots of closet space, so I found driving around randomly to be my best bet. If you like older house-like duplexes, PM me and I'll send you my landlady's brother's phone number. He has several properties and likes to rent to med students. There are several people here who live in apartment complexes and they'll be along to comment soon, I'm sure.

If heat's not included in the rent, you can call Wisconsin Energies for any address you're considering and ask them about the average utility bills for the previous year.

Ones that I personally know many students live in include The Reserve, Underwood Station Apartments, and Normandy Village. All are within a few miles of school and you should be able to afford rent with a roommate pretty easily.

The whole area is littered with duplexes though, and I think overall those are great affordable options if you're not interested in all the extra stuff they have in the apt. complexes.

I was just wondering if anyone on here used the Roommate List before entering med school. I am going to need a roommate or two for next year so I am just wondering how it all works. I read all the info on the website, but I just wanted some opinions from anyone already at MCW. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

I was just wondering if anyone on here used the Roommate List before entering med school. I am going to need a roommate or two for next year so I am just wondering how it all works. I read all the info on the website, but I just wanted some opinions from anyone already at MCW. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

No personal experience, but everyone I know who used the Roommate list wound up with really good matches for each others' personalities. I can only recall one pair of list roommates who wound up not getting along, and I'm not even sure if they used the list.

Samenewme, didn't you use the List?

I did use the list and I'm very happy with my roommate. To see the complete list of responses to the questions, you have to come into the office, but since I was in the neighborhood apartment-hunting anyway, that was no hardship for me. We talked on the phone a couple of times and made a deal. I was out of town when she moved in and mailed her the keys, and it was still just fine.

i used the list also...and i havent had any problems. Some people choose people off the list who were from their hometown and meet with them in person several times over the summer.

.....how much time do you have outside of lecture/lab/shadowing? .....

Shadowing? I think the only times I've ever done shadowing during school were when it's required. I did that during college breaks, and my first Christmas vacation because I was bored when I was home, and my dad could arrange it (I also just spend a lot of time at my dad's office anyway, so why not go watch some surgeries). Though, there are people who shadow. Oh, and my research preceptor in the summer had me be a stick holder for surgery 1 day a week during June, (that was until I hurt my hand, and I couldn't scrub in anymore).

I was just thinking about this the other day, and I came to the conclusion that I wish I had shadowed more during the preclinical years. I feel like there are so many specialties out there that I have no clue about, or have a basic overview with no clue about what they are really like. It's nice that I've found something I want to do, but I wonder if there is something else that I'm missing. So I would encourage you to shadow different kinds of docs now, or do a little more during your basic science years than I did (which was next to none), and really find out what fits you.

I think you have to get comfortable with actually giving patients advice and answering questions without checking every little detail with your attending first... I guess that's something you can only get used to by actually spending more time with patients.

I think you have to get comfortable with actually giving patients advice and answering questions without checking every little detail with your attending first... I guess that's something you can only get used to by actually spending more time with patients.

That's something I've lacked in the last 2 years. Senior mentor + phlebotomist at Saturday clinic = not much patient contact.

Nice new avatar, Don.

hey Natalie, most people seem to have found good roommates, but I can think of one pair that got mismatched pretty badly (not really the school's fault, but someone turned out much different in person than on paper, I guess). My guess is that you'll probably get someone pretty decent though from the other people I know who have roomies.

That's something I've lacked in the last 2 years. Senior mentor + phlebotomist at Saturday clinic = not much patient contact.

Nice new avatar, Don.

i find giving patients advice like "stop smoking," "eat less salt," "don't cough up blood," and "stop fibrillating" are usually pretty useful.

I was just thinking about this the other day, and I came to the conclusion that I wish I had shadowed more during the preclinical years. I feel like there are so many specialties out there that I have no clue about, or have a basic overview with no clue about what they are really like. It's nice that I've found something I want to do, but I wonder if there is something else that I'm missing. So I would encourage you to shadow different kinds of docs now, or do a little more during your basic science years than I did (which was next to none), and really find out what fits you.

The opposite side of that coin is that shadowing can also be good for ruling out a specialty if it isn't your cup of tea so you don't waste an elective on it. I was interested in EM, but one day of shadowing in that was enough to turn me off of it forever. Not my style at all.

The opposite side of that coin is that shadowing can also be good for ruling out a specialty if it isn't your cup of tea so you don't waste an elective on it. I was interested in EM, but one day of shadowing in that was enough to turn me off of it forever. Not my style at all.

I shadowed an internest and an endocrinologist (on Maui, they're equivalent -- not a big enough population for an endocrinologist to only do endocrinology, except more diabetic stuff gets sent to the endocrinologist). At that point, I didn't want to do primary care.

I shadowed a few family practice docs and thought things were pretty interesting until I started school. Then I realized the true depth of the crap they make us sludge through and I decided pretty quickly that a lifetime of well-child checkups, diagnosing sore throats ("you have what we in medicine like to call a sore throat"), and wrestling with insurance companies over fair reimbursement would be enough to make me jump off a bridge.

sorry to go back to the whole topic of roommates but I noticed that roommate stuff doesn't come out until June...does that give you plenty of time to find a roommate and then somewhere to live?

I would say it's plenty of time, as long as you aren't looking to be moved in a month and a half before school starts. Early to mid June is just fine for looking for a place...some do it even later than that. Also, you could do some work scouting the area and contacting landlords before June in order to have some leads when you find a roommate with the list.

I would say it's plenty of time, as long as you aren't looking to be moved in a month and a half before school starts. Early to mid June is just fine for looking for a place...some do it even later than that. Also, you could do some work scouting the area and contacting landlords before June in order to have some leads when you find a roommate with the list.

if i do recall, i think there is a meeting during orientation week for those still in need of a roommate/housing. but that's only if I do recall. i think.

sorry to go back to the whole topic of roommates but I noticed that roommate stuff doesn't come out until June...does that give you plenty of time to find a roommate and then somewhere to live?

I found a place to live and just assumed I would find a roommate, and it worked out fine. She was so relieved to have the apartment already settled! Just make sure there's equal closet space for all!

Wow, you mean we should actually let you use the 2011 thread for 2011 related stuff? I'm not sure I understand the concept.;)

Welcome to MCW, by the way.

Hey Donny, do you and xandie have to work weekends?

Depends on the rotation, and sometimes the number of students on your team. Last month (urology) I had to do a few saturdays, but had sundays off. This month, I have to do one weekend for Psych.
Family Med and CPR have every weekend off.
Surgery I worked one day every weekend, with one off, but this is more variable by service.
Peds inpatient you get one "golden weekend" with both days off, one where you have saturday call and then have to come in sunday am, and then every other weekend you work one day only. Medicine inpatient is pretty much the same.
Peds and Medicine outpatient have every weekend off.

I second what Donny says... then there's OB. It's one of the weirder ones (okay, Froedtert inpatient is alledgedly the same) because you're not necessarily on a straight q4-q5 call. But, speaking for Froedtert OB, which is the only experience of which I can speak with authority, we were q5, so you have one of each call day (i.e. one Friday, one Saturday, one Sunday) and then two weekends "off".

Don forgot to mention the other aspect of the golden weekend... it's that you're post-call on a Friday, so you get to leave somewhat early (maybe).

So overall, you have weekends on 5-1/2 months of the 11 months required junior year stuff.

Hey, guys. How y'all doing? I've missed you, but figured that I should leave this thread to people who are going to go to MCW instead of posers like me. However, since I know that you've all been on pins and needles waiting to find out where I will be in the fall :)rolleyes: ), I'm writing one last time to give you the final update. The decision is in, and I'll be at UW in Seattle (my state school, remember). Good luck to all of you soon-to-be MCW peeps, and much love to you long-timers who made me feel so welcome there.

Family Med and CPR have every weekend off.

Sweet, that means I'll actually make it up north for opening weekend of deer season this year.

Hey, guys. How y'all doin'? I've missed you, but figured that I should leave this thread to people who are going to go to MCW instead of posers like me. However, since I know that you've all been on pins and needles waiting to find out where I would be in the fall :)rolleyes: ), I'm writing one last time to give you the final update. The decision is in, and I'll be at UW in Seattle (my state school, remember). Good luck to all of you soon-to-be MCW peeps, and much love to you long-timers who made me feel so welcome there.

:clap: Congrats on your decision, Chulito! Seattle is such an awesome city. Are you from there, or another part of the state? Have you ever been to the Zig Zag Cafe? It's considered among the cocktail-geek crowd (of which I consider myself a member) to be one of the best bars in the nation. When we visit my cousin-in-law out there sometime soon it will be one of the major destinations on our trip.

Hi!

I'm going to be a third year medical student at MCW next year and will be starting rotations in July. I currently have a 2 bedroom 1 bath apartment at The Reserve (great apartment complex with a pool and work out room and an internet cafe with computers and free coffee and stuff). The link to the apartment complex is:
http://www.reserveatwauwatosa.com/s/homepage

The complex is very new and nice with plenty of outdoor parking. We also have in-unit washer and dryer along with a dishwasher so it's really very convenient. There's plenty of furniture here too.

My roomate of two years is moving out because of residency in NY and I'm currently looking for a new roommate. Please contact me with any questions or concerns or if you just want to talk a little. You would be able to move in after mid-june but officially the lease would start July 1.

I'm originally from Seattle and I'm looking forward to going back for residency. My boyfriend is back in Seattle too so there won't be many visitors. I'm pretty quiet and like to keep the apartment very clean. I don't smoke and I also do not have any pets. Please let me know if you're still looking for a roommate or if you have any questions about MCW in general.

Thanks!

PM me for contact info!

I'm originally from Seattle and I'm looking forward to going back for residency. My boyfriend is back in Seattle too so there won't be many visitors. I'm pretty quiet and like to keep the apartment very clean. I don't smoke and I also do not have any pets. Please let me know if you're still looking for a roommate or if you have any questions about MCW in general.

Thanks!

PM me for contact info!

but rumor has it she likes Spam. so definitely keep that in mind.

(not that I'm saying it's a bad thing, but that's something I need to know when choosing roommates: Spam or not?)

but rumor has it she likes Spam. so definitely keep that in mind.

(not that I'm saying it's a bad thing, but that's something I need to know when choosing roommates: Spam or not?)
who's Kiwifruit? I can't figure (her?) out based on previous posts....

who's Kiwifruit? I can't figure (her?) out based on previous posts....

She is an enigma.

Also, I think she finds it creepy that I remembered her username from her few posts on the MCW thread before our class started, so she probably wouldn't like you...:smuggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.