MCW Alternate List Interviewers: Did you just get an email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chevaliermalfet

Don't stop belivin'!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an email this morning from Michael Istwan. To paraphrase, it says that being on an alternate list may be hard, but he wants to keep in touch with those on it on a regular basis. Did anyone else get this email? I know that the adcomm met last week for the decisions. . . Does this mean that I made the waitlist? I am tempted to call to clarify, but they said they won't give decisions over the phone. I really liked MCW - and now I'm rambling:scared: But yeah, any input or info would be nice . . .

Members don't see this ad.

I received a rejection letter from MCW in the mail this morning, but no email.

I suspect that your email indicates that you made the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the e-mail about an hour before my alternate list letter arrived. I'd say if you got the e-mail, you're on the list.

I'm pretty sure you made the waitlist, if you haven't received the paper confirmation.

Thanks for the input guys. I really appreciate it.

-edit: for the record, my parents called a few hours after this post and told me the waitlist letter had come in the mail.

just out of curiosity, previous year applicants mentioned a "priority" mcw alternate list and a regular mcw list but these applicants never gave an answer. does mcw give out "priority" list??....

just out of curiosity, previous year applicants mentioned a "priority" mcw alternate list and a regular mcw list but these applicants never gave an answer. does mcw give out "priority" list??....

No "priority" list per se. They rank by quartiles. When people start calling they'll tell you if you're in the 1st or 2nd quartile, or bottom half of the list.

There's also the in state list and out of state list.

No "priority" list per se. They rank by quartiles. When people start calling they'll tell you if you're in the 1st or 2nd quartile, or bottom half of the list.

There's also the in state list and out of state list.

Can you or someone from previous years confirm the existence of the in-state and out-of-state list? I'm being skeptical because MCW is a private school and they don't have any requirement for a set number of state students.

Can you or someone from previous years confirm the existence of the in-state and out-of-state list? I'm being skeptical because MCW is a private school and they don't have any requirement for a set number of state students.

I was on the Out of State list. They take 50% of their class from WI; there is an In State list. I know people who were on that list.

Also, as a private school, WI residents pay less.

No, I'm not making any of this up.

anyone have a "missing pre-req" on their letter? if the pre-req is completed, can you just phone them and tell them that? or do you need to send in an official transcript $$ ?

thanks!

anyone have a "missing pre-req" on their letter? if the pre-req is completed, can you just phone them and tell them that? or do you need to send in an official transcript $$ ?

thanks!

E-mail them. I had a missing pre-req that I had already completed, and the problem was solved within 5 minutes. They're so ridiculously nice there (fingers crossed).

Members don't see this ad :)
E-mail them. I had a missing pre-req that I had already completed, and the problem was solved within 5 minutes. They're so ridiculously nice there (fingers crossed).

Among the schools I applied to, most polite and nice admissions office staff award goes to....MCW

I just withdrew my acceptance, so there should be one more spot opening up. I hope this helps someone out here.

does anyone know how many get in from the alternate list?

OP, are you thinking MCW over UC Davis? :confused:

Do we find out about our waitlist rank on the 15th? Anyone know how it works?

Do we find out about our waitlist rank on the 15th? Anyone know how it works?

They divide the waitlist into first quarter, second quarter, and bottom half. Anyone know if we can call on the 15th, or after the 15th? I can't remember exactly what they said.

They divide the waitlist into first quarter, second quarter, and bottom half. Anyone know if we can call on the 15th, or after the 15th? I can't remember exactly what they said.

On the 15th.

Lots of luck everyone! Keep us updated as you call to find out your rank!:luck:

i asked how many people are on the list and the lady said 200. so theres a list of 200 out-of-state and then another list of 50 for in-state???

i asked how many people are on the list and the lady said 200. so theres a list of 200 out-of-state and then another list of 50 for in-state???

That or 150 on the out of state list, 200 total??? I have no idea, but I guess it makes sense that the out of state list is longer.

Another question, when they take 12, 14, or 90 people off of the list, does that mean that they get to the 12th, 14th, or 90th person on the list, or that 12, 14, or 90 people in the class were on the alternate list? Anyone?

That or 150 on the out of state list, 200 total??? I have no idea, but I guess it makes sense that the out of state list is longer.

Another question, when they take 12, 14, or 90 people off of the list, does that mean that they get to the 12th, 14th, or 90th person on the list, or that 12, 14, or 90 people in the class were on the alternate list? Anyone?

I believe it's 200 total. I believe it means a total of 12,14, or 90 people were taken off for that year.

so anyone know when the list starts to move?...it sucks to sit by the phone all day :(