*******MCW Class of 2011*********

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were those from her lectures on the various neurotransmitters? I remember getting creamed on those questions. I think 90% of my missed questions on that exam came from her.

She's only marginally better when you encounter her in pharm next year.

Until I know my grade on the pharm test, I liked her. I hated her in neuro.

Members don't see this ad.

Until I know my grade on the pharm test, I liked her. I hated her in neuro.

Reading the lectures this morning on bone pathology made me think of my favorite burgeoning ortho surgeon. That, in turn, made me think of this comic strip from Scutmonkey.

12_med_students_panel_10__Small_.jpg

Reading the lectures this morning on bone pathology made me think of my favorite burgeoning ortho surgeon. That, in turn, made me think of this comic strip from Scutmonkey.

12_med_students_panel_10__Small_.jpg

I have never denied it. I like that one.

Free burritos at chipotle on Wednesday on Hwy-100 and Janesville Rd. (Those don't have bones.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's why I don't eat at Chipotle or Q'doba any more (and I LOVE Q'doba).

Chipotle® Beef Burrito
13-inch flour tortilla stuffed with barbacoa, pinto beans, cheese, lettuce, red tomatillo sauce and sour cream

373616968_ef8177c359_o.gif

Where is janesville road and was this advertised? I don't want to wait in line for burritos but if it is only a small line I'm there.

Janesville Road is south of here, in Hales Corners. Take 45 S to I-43S, get off on Hwy 100, and then go south about 3/4 of a mile(ish).

1000 calories? Well, cancel that. I stopped drinking frappaccinos because they had 450ish calories.

Thanks for the directions but guilt would crush my soul if I ate there.

I HATE TBL!!!! What a waste of time. Splat and Funk look bored too. I'm glad that Gimlet just said the guy could be pregnant.

Pratik is jealous that I have my laptop here, and he doesn't have his.

1000 calories? Well, cancel that. I stopped drinking frappaccinos because they had 450ish calories.

Thanks for the directions but guilt would crush my soul if I ate there.

You could probably ask them to cut them in half. Their burritos are not small, so half of one makes a satisfying portion. That equals TWO free meals for the annoying, long drive to Hales Corners and endless wait in line.

Hmm...maybe I'll make tostadas at home in my toaster oven.

Well, neuro kicked my ass. I don't think I'm going to study much for that class any more. I'm going for bare minimum. The grade achieved to time spent studying ratio is far too high.

I'll be able to find a FP residency somewhere, right?
I'm still going for bare minimum, but I'll need to study pretty hard to balance out the train wreck I had today. No, really, it was that bad. I wish I was one of those guys, "Oh, yeah, it was pretty rough. I got an 88." :(

I've got more hope in phys - I just got 31/33 in the BRS phys quiz.....

I don't think I'm willing to drive all the way to Hales Corner for a fajita. Kinda wanna go get one right now... I usually only eat half, or not eat all day, then gorge myself later. If you really want to cut the calories, cut the cheese and sour cream. Get veggee. Meat and cheese mean more to me than that though.

PS. A grande Light coffee frappaccino w/ no whip has only 150 calories. :)

I HATE TBL!!!! What a waste of time. Splat and Funk look bored too. I'm glad that Gimlet just said the guy could be pregnant.

Pratik is jealous that I have my laptop here, and he doesn't have his.

i had the happy couple in charge of the class hovering right by me, and I still snuck out. I so rule.

Members don't see this ad :)
What does TBL mean? Teacher Based Learning?

What does TBL mean? Teacher Based Learning?

TBL = waste of my time.

or how about TBL = Total Bull**** Learning.

Actually, it stands for team-based learning.

TBL = waste of my time.

or how about TBL = Total Bull**** Learning.

Actually, it stands for team-based learning.

All I know is that Team 10 was like the 95-96 Chicago Bulls out there, and I was Michael Jordan.

I had you pegged as a Bill Cartwright type.

18 F

feels like 3F

more like:

med school

feels like organic 2 with these grades

I think I've been living in Wisconsin too long. I actually decided, while reviewing CTB lab stuff, "Okay, when I finish this, I'll go shovel some snow. That will be a nice study break!"

And I meant it.

AND IT WAS.

AND! AND! AND! ... after I do the next lab, I may actually go out with the ice chopper and attack the stubborn spots!

Maybe.

I'm hoping that will make coming back inside to work on the rest of my phys stuff look like a little more fun.

I may actually go out with the ice chopper and attack the stubborn spots!

Ooh, I sure could use one of those.

I've been spending entirely too much time shoveling lately, although usually I'm out there doing it at 6:30 in the morning.

I pretty much feel like *************************************. ********* classes.

I pretty much feel like *************************************. ********* classes.

Let's see...first block of exams, spring semester of first year? Yeah, that sounds about right.

My advice is to not let showering get in the way of studying.

Ooh, I sure could use one of those.

I've been spending entirely too much time shoveling lately, although usually I'm out there doing it at 6:30 in the morning.

They're fantastic! I've never had one before. This one came with the apartment. Of course, in my last place, all I had to shovel was the front and back steps and about 8 feet of walkway. Now I have a driveway. :(

But still, great study break, useful work (compared to climbing imaginary stairs in the Tonkens Center), and ...I forgot the third good thing.

Oh, light snow! None of that heavy stuff we had in December.

It's actually pretty easy to make me happy.

The universe has obviously supplied this thread with a yin to my yang.

Why, is it pretty easy to irritate you?

Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke!

Why, is it pretty easy to irritate you?

I would like to answer this question with a story. This morning my cat decided it would be a great idea to try a new tactic in his ongoing terrorist campaign to wake me up earlier and earlier to feed him. His strategy? To bang around in his hooded litterbox, making ungodly amounts of noise for at least 20 minutes.

Fortunately for him, I woke up only 15 minutes earlier than usual as a result. Unfortunately for him, I was still spiteful and proceeded to paw at the cupboards near where he eats and paw at his side during the whole time he was eating, making as much noise in the process as I could. I'm not sure I've seen a more confused cat in my life.

In summary, I like to think that I am not easily irritated. Rather, I am quickly motivated to address the injustices in life. Often in the form of complaints, snide comments, or passive aggressive "life lessons" geared towards cats.

that is ****in' hilarious.

In summary, I like to think that I am not easily irritated. Rather, I am quickly motivated to address the injustices in life. Often in the form of complaints, snide comments, or passive aggressive "life lessons" geared towards cats.

Passive-aggressive revenge on cats makes me happy.

Staying up until 5am editing/converting/encoding/dubbing sexual history videos for today's session was wonderful.

We didn't even get to my group's tape.

And now we all want to refilm it because the interviews blew. I LOVE wasting my time.

Was that required? By "dubbing" do you mean you did some voiceover work?

nah, the other dubbing...making copies. had to go from mini DVD to PC to DVD+RW to VHS. pain in the arse.

ddddddddddddewd i'm tired of studying.

What do you wish you had known before starting medical school? Also, any suggestions about how to spend the summer before school or, in general, what to do to become prepared for it would be appreciated. Thanks.

What do you wish you had known before starting medical school? Also, any suggestions about how to spend the summer before school or, in general, what to do to become prepared for it would be appreciated. Thanks.

I wish I had known how much work I was really going to need to put into studying (though right now I'm not doing any). Do NOT study during the summer. You'll get a thing from the biochem department saying to start studying, do not listen to them, they are evil. Right now I'm tired cuz I just woke up to go to school early and start studying for this block, so I can't think of anything else.

I wish I had known how much work I was really going to need to put into studying (though right now I'm not doing any). Do NOT study during the summer. You'll get a thing from the biochem department saying to start studying, do not listen to them, they are evil. Right now I'm tired cuz I just woke up to go to school early and start studying for this block, so I can't think of anything else.

I actually did study JUST A LITTLE BIT for biochem over the summer. If you haven't had it before ever, it would probably help. Being familiar with the structure of the amino acids, the citric acid cycle (and the accompanying skill of how to memorize this and the many, many other pathways you will memorize in biochem), and very basic enzyme kinetics can make the first exam block a little less of a shock. I'm talking about JUST A LITTLE studying, not anything like MCAT prep.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. On the bright side, this post will initiate a pile-up in which EVERYONE will disagree with me, so you are free to disregard my advice.

I wish I had known that there was no way I was gonna high-pass biochem. I could have studied a little less, stressed myself a LOT less, and still passed. I wish I had known I would have gotten as good grades, and maybe better, by studying a little less, and working out and sleeping just a little bit more.

Spend as much time as you can with friends and family this summer.

Spend as much time as you can with friends and family this summer.

True. Do something this summer you will remember for the rest of your life.

Medical school will change your life. People always talk about how hard medical school is, but another thing to consider is that it is a huge commitment that will take up most of your time. For example, you may find yourself invited to colorado, and can't go because you are on rotations. :mad:

By the way, I did not even consider studying during the summer. However, do what you think is right for you.

I actually did study JUST A LITTLE BIT for biochem over the summer. If you haven't had it before ever, it would probably help. Being familiar with the structure of the amino acids, the citric acid cycle (and the accompanying skill of how to memorize this and the many, many other pathways you will memorize in biochem), and very basic enzyme kinetics can make the first exam block a little less of a shock. I'm talking about JUST A LITTLE studying, not anything like MCAT prep.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. On the bright side, this post will initiate a pile-up in which EVERYONE will disagree with me, so you are free to disregard my advice.

Booooooooo

It is 2 degrees outside. This is the coldest weather I've ever encountered. C'MON! WE'RE GOING STREAKING THROUGH THE QUAD TO THE GYMNASIUM!

It is 2 degrees outside. This is the coldest weather I've ever encountered. C'MON! WE'RE GOING STREAKING THROUGH THE QUAD TO THE GYMNASIUM!

i remember several years ago school was cancelled 2 days in a row because it was about 40 below zero with the wind chill.

i remember several years ago school was cancelled 2 days in a row because it was about 40 below zero with the wind chill.

So obviously this area was not settled during winter?

That is super cold!

It is 2 degrees outside. This is the coldest weather I've ever encountered.

No wonder it hurt to breathe when I walked from the clot to school today. I thought my nose was about to fall off.

Indo, the coldest I saw it last year was -11 with feels like -22. That's when my jacket froze and the moisture on the inside of the double paned windows was also frozen. Anything below 20 is "beyond cold."

If you did that at this temperature, you'd be a woman by the time you got to the gym.

yeah, didn't high pass biochem here either. I was like 2% away from high-passing (the horrible, horrible final caused that), and I was like 10% away from low-passing. so....I could've studied a lot less for the final, because I studied a LOT for it.

Dont shoot the messenger, but its gonna be -5 a couple of days later this week and around -25 with the wind :smuggrin:

I remember that. They called a "cold-day" because they didn't want kids' eyeballs to freeze while we were waiting for the bus, or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.