MCW email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bioteach

MSIV
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received this email from MCW and I DIDN'T APPLY THERE. I don't know what is so special about my MCAT score (33, above average but not freakishly so). I didn't know other med schools (that you didn't apply to) could get your info from AAMC. So it is worth applying or are they just fishing for that application $$ before sending me the big N-O?

Did anyone else get this email? I'd like to seem special, but my guess is that it is probably a mass mailing and half of SDN received it as well.

The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) recently received, from the AAMC, your MCAT results from the 2007 winter/spring test date. We are very pleased that you are considering pursuing a medical education. Allow me to briefly introduce to the Medical College of Wisconsin.

• It is the largest private, free standing medical school in the country, enrolling 204 new students each year. Over half of each class is from out of state. This gives non-residents a significant number of spaces for which to compete and allows the College to attract a diverse student body from throughout the country.
  • With its primary focus on clinical medicine it has 1500 clinical trials in progress, with 400 new trials initiated each year. And with funds totaling more than 125 million dollars, the College conducted 3000 research studies this past year.
  • It is part of the Milwaukee Regional Medical Campus, made up of seven major healthcare providers and research centers. This along with facilities in the greater Milwaukee area provides students with outstanding comprehensive clinical training and the opportunity to complete all clinical clerkships and rotations on the campus or in the Milwaukee area.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis by the date of completion. Candidates are selected for interviews by date of completion and strength of credentials, and offers are made continuously until the class is filled. The interviewing process begins in early October. So, it is in the applicant's best interest to apply and complete an application early.

You can access our Virtual Guide, Viewbook and a profile of the most recent entering class by going to www.mcw.edu/acad/admission In doing so, I invite you to learn more about the Medical College of Wisconsin.

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us [email protected] or 414-456-8246.

Michael Istwan
Director of Admissions

Members don't see this ad.

Oops, sorry guys. I thought I searched through first, but not well enough. Just ignore my redundant post.

Sorry.

Members don't see this ad :)
Which state are you a resident of?

I applied there with a 32 MCAT and got nothing so far, lol.

Which state are you a resident of?

I applied there with a 32 MCAT and got nothing so far, lol.

Jochi - I'm guessing that since they already have your interest and your money (i.e., you applied there), you wouldn't get the email advertising MCW. They know they've already got your interest.

I applied to MCW too, with a 30, and never got that email. And I saw in the other thread that some of the people that got that email had sub-30 scores (what they had in common was that they haven't applied to MCW). So, my gut is that it's a bit of a fishing expedition to drum up more secondary fees. We make a nice cash cow. I was just talking to a guy who's in his fourth year at Rush, and he said that when he applied, you'd be lucky to get 75% secondaries because a lot more schools screened. Methinks in the last few years they've seen the gobs of money they can make off of us obsessive pre-meds. Woo.

Jochi - I'm guessing that since they already have your interest and your money (i.e., you applied there), you wouldn't get the email advertising MCW. They know they've already got your interest.

I applied to MCW too, with a 30, and never got that email. And I saw in the other thread that some of the people that got that email had sub-30 scores (what they had in common was that they haven't applied to MCW). So, my gut is that it's a bit of a fishing expedition to drum up more secondary fees. We make a nice cash cow. I was just talking to a guy who's in his fourth year at Rush, and he said that when he applied, you'd be lucky to get 75% secondaries because a lot more schools screened. Methinks in the last few years they've seen the gobs of money they can make off of us obsessive pre-meds. Woo.
Your logic definitely makes sense....however, if they were so desperate, you'd think they would've sent me a secondary by now.:rolleyes:

Do you know if they are a screener for OOS?

I got one, too. Im from IN with a 34 and did not apply there.

Your logic definitely makes sense....however, if they were so desperate, you'd think they would've sent me a secondary by now.:rolleyes:

I'm OOS, and as far as I know, they do not screen. Also, they sent me a secondary before I even got my MCAT score. I'm assuming you simply haven't received a secondary yet because they're a little backlogged. I was verified on 6/6, but AMCAS didn't send the primaries out until 6/21. I believe MCW started to send out their secondary on 6/28. (That's when I got mine).

Perhaps as more and more people have become verified the delay has increased. At least, that's my best guess. I'm SURE you'll get one soon.

I'm OOS and didn't get my MCW secondary until one day after my AMCAS was verified.