MCW Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SunnyBunny7

the newest St. Lunatic
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an invite from MCW and the info says to expect to be at the school until 5 pm. Why so late? Is it because interviews may run until that time? They seem to be pretty strict and formal with their whole schedule. They only give you two dates to choose from for your interview, first of all. They're nice about telling you about the shuttle services and all, but it's like, "it leaves at this time, and this time only, be ready by this time, if you need a ride to here, go here at this time and this time only, etc."

Anyway, is it absolutely necessary to stay until 5? I wanted to fly out that day, but if I have to stay until 5 it's kinda hard. I don't really wanna stay another day, since it would mean forking over some money to stay at a hotel. Thanks in advance for any info!

Members don't see this ad.

just wanted to say "daaang" to all your interview invites. congrats! :)

Congrats on your interview! :clap:

When I was there, the reason they said we all had to stay so late was because they wanted to check and make sure that a third interview wasn't required. I think I actually left by about 3:30 or 4, but I don't remember exactly. Some people had flights to catch, and they tried to accomodate those people the best they could - but alot of people were cutting it pretty close.

Overall, they take the interview day very seriously, but that's because they really want to do a good job representing their school, making sure things run smoothly, and that the interviewees have a good experience at MCW. I thought the staff and students were very nice, so I think you'll have a good time in Milwaukee.

Good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm interviewing there Jan 24th. I'm pretty pumped about it. I was there all summer and loved it.
-=Eric

So, should I just risk it and book a flight as late as possible? The latest ones I saw were around 6 or 6:30. Is that cutting it too close?

Oh, and thanks princess. I hope flying everywhere around the country gets me in somewhere! :D

That's cutting it too close if you're there until 5:00. You need to allow AT LEAST 30-45 minutes to get to the airport at that time of day, probably more. The campus is on the west side of town and the airport is way on the south side. It's against the flow of the bulk of the rush hour traffic, but it's still not a short drive at that time of day. Call them before you book that flight and see if they mind if you leave at 4:00 or 4:30.