MCW interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drmota

2K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anybody get one? they seem to have a VERY efficient adcomm, so i would expect them to send out invites soon after your file is complete. would i be accurate in this assumption?
-mota

Members don't see this ad.

I dunno, but I received a rather cryptic (and somewhat funny) e-mail from them today: "The committee has recently completed its review of your application and supporting credentials. It has been favorably reviewed, and moved to a smaller pool of applicants who potentially will be invited to interview for the entering class of 2006." In other words, "We have reviewed your application, and have decided not to toss it out at this point, thank you and have a nice day." :p

yeah i did. scheduled for oct. 21. i was complete probably mid-august?

Members don't see this ad :)
The adcom interviews roughly every other Friday starting Oct 7th. If it's anything like last year, they usually round up 50-60 people at a time.

Good luck to everyone.

Messerschmitts said:
I dunno, but I received a rather cryptic (and somewhat funny) e-mail from them today: "The committee has recently completed its review of your application and supporting credentials. It has been favorably reviewed, and moved to a smaller pool of applicants who potentially will be invited to interview for the entering class of 2006." In other words, "We have reviewed your application, and have decided not to toss it out at this point, thank you and have a nice day." :p

I received that same email the other day. I was complete in early August and that's the first I've heard from MCW.

RedEye said:

RedEye, I also scheduled for the 21st of October. Will you be going to the Thursday night social or just showing up for the interview?

Key to the interview is to relax and be yourself. They will not try to scare you or anything. Just want to get to know you. Plus, if you have an interview, you have a great shot at getting admitted unless you make the interviewer believe you are a JERK

Messerschmitts said:

that email is definitely a good thing. I got it last week, and got an invitation this week. they're probably just trying to decide on a date for you at this point. :)

MCW's interview was one of the best organized I've been to. I loved how much the admissions staff communicated to the applicants and let them know how things are going to happen. I agree that if you get one of the 1st 6-7 interview dates, you're in great shape to get accepted and after that you're likely shooting for a spot on the waitlist. Though generally MCW has quite a bit of waitlist movement so it's definitely worth it. The best thing was that they give you their decision within one week of the interview so you know it's coming! Goodluck everyone! :)

leiface said:
The best thing was that they give you their decision within one week of the interview so you know it's coming! Goodluck everyone! :)

Wow, I did not know that. Very cool!! :)

RedEye said:
that's kind of late to be complete for MCW, FYI. I know that last year, by late November, they hadn't interviewed anyone complete after August 18th. Don't despair or anything though! A friend of mine took the August MCAT and still got accepted. I had my application complete by 7/15, and I'll be interviewing there soon, as will two other guys I know.

I was complete early to mid july and got that email a few days ago. Today I received an invite thru email, yay! :)

I got the applicant pool update email yesterday and an interview today. sweet. Who is down for Nov 4th?

TheProwler said:
that's kind of late to be complete for MCW, FYI. I know that last year, by late November, they hadn't interviewed anyone complete after August 18th.

Really...oops. I was planning to use MCW as my backup, after I see my August scores. Maybe I shouldn't bother. Hmp. MCW is in 10x colder and smaller than any place I've lived in. Brrr!

TheProwler said:
that's kind of late to be complete for MCW, FYI. I know that last year, by late November, they hadn't interviewed anyone complete after August 18th. Don't despair or anything though! A friend of mine took the August MCAT and still got accepted. I had my application complete by 7/15, and I'll be interviewing there soon, as will two other guys I know.

I submitted my secondary like the last week of August, probably the 28th or 29th , and interviewed December 3rd, with an acceptance a week later. I think by that point they still had about 20-40 spots to fill. But of course they go nuts "overaccepting." So it's not a huge deal.

Good luck guys and gals. Hope to see you soon. I'll be the loud one singing in the halls.

I should add I was delayed a tad because, according to Mike Istwan, my application had to go through a "second review" because of a pesky PS MCAT score of 8. I guess they look at anything lower than 9 a little more closely. So I guess I otherwise would have gotten an interview a bit faster. But then, this was last year. Governments crumble, the ozone depletes, and things change.

--Marc

ps....MCW = Lots of lecture time. The one thing I'd probably change. Otherwise I love it.

irie said:
I got the applicant pool update email yesterday and an interview today. sweet. Who is down for Nov 4th?
me me me! i'll see you there!