MCW MD/PhD - what do you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

listen&learn

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone interviewed with the MD/PhD at the Medical College of Wisconsin? What did you think? Do you know anyone at MCW and what do they think?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there in December and I thought the program was very strong. They are expanding the program and Dr. Waltier, the MD/PhD director, is very dedicated to improving the program and keeping the students happy. There is also a lot of opportunity for clinical exposure on the MD side, and they are the only medical school in Milwaukee, so they have affiliations with just about every hospital/clinic in the area. And the hospital on campus is amazing and they are doing very well financially there and are actually planning on expanding the hospital as well. Personally I thought it was great and it vaulted to the top two or three programs on my list after I visited. Are you planning to apply or have you already applied this cycle?

Not applying this year but need to collect my information for the future -- I had heard good things but not from someone who had recently interviewed with the MD/PhD. Thanks!