MCW Pharmacy Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacisttobe714

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone i was wondering what do you think the chances are to get off a waitlist at a school where this year is the first year for pharmacy program and is a 3 year program, they will be admitting about 45-50 students their first year. i have been put on to the waitlist and i am number 10 on the list, do you think i have a good chance of getting in?

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I think that you have a good chance. Because it's a new school (and I'm guessing unaccredited), most people who get accepted elsewhere will likely choose to go somewhere else. That's my opinion.

Good luck, I'm currently 3rd on the waitlist (and have been since the first week of February). I'll keep you updated. Hopefully some good news today! When did you interview/find out you were put on the waitlist?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone i was wondering what do you think the chances are to get off a waitlist at a school where this year is the first year for pharmacy program and is a 3 year program, they will be admitting about 45-50 students their first year. i have been put on to the waitlist and i am number 10 on the list, do you think i have a good chance of getting in?

What are your stats like? Have they given you any word why they chose to waitlist you instead of offer acceptance?

Good luck, I'm currently 3rd on the waitlist (and have been since the first week of February). I'll keep you updated. Hopefully some good news today! When did you interview/find out you were put on the waitlist?
Have you always been number 3? Since you were put on the waitlist? And I did my interview February 24 and they told me the next Friday that I was on the waitlist

There is another interview date on May 12 so you'll probably find out sometime after that.

Just got moved to waitlist position #2, this morning.

Yes, I've always had been number 3, until today. It seems as though they may have just started pulling individuals from the waitlist just recently.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Someone also may have taken an acceptance elsewhere so they took them off the waitlist.

Awesome to hear! Yes, we can only hope. I'm just curious how often they will pull people.

When I asked when they were meeting after I was put on the list they said they will me the first week of April so I don't know if that means that they meet once a month or what

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems to me, that they just meet the week following an interview session.

I personally have not. I know they have for sure 34 students, based on their FB page. I don't think it would hurt to send an e-mail of continued interest, just don't do it every week, ya know?

I sure hope to hear from them soon, or at least the first week in May. It's getting hard to plan my life in two months, so I would like to know sooner than later.

I'm hoping someone on here will ask the admissions office when their next review will be. I'm at the point where they don't even email me back.

I personally have not. I know they have for sure 34 students, based on their FB page. I don't think it would hurt to send an e-mail of continued interest, just don't do it every week, ya know?

I sure hope to hear from them soon, or at least the first week in May. It's getting hard to plan my life in two months, so I would like to know sooner than later.

I'm hoping someone on here will ask the admissions office when their next review will be. I'm at the point where they don't even email me back.

Yeah I saw that too there are 36 people in the group right now, and the admission said that they were gonna accept about 45-50 this year right? I hope they do too soon cause it really is hard to figure out what to do next in my life too :/ I'm crossing fingers they contact lol of us soon. I know they still have one more interview date coming up since their application is open till may 1st.

There are two administrators in the group, so subtract two from 36!

I'm still getting emails to finish my application. I decided I wanted to go the University of Minnesota and I will apply next year. I haven't taken the PCAT either so I'm working on finishing my requirements.

Monday is the last day to apply so we will see. I just would like to see the school operational before deciding to sink my money into it.

I'm still getting emails to finish my application. I decided I wanted to go the University of Minnesota and I will apply next year. I haven't taken the PCAT either so I'm working on finishing my requirements.

Monday is the last day to apply so we will see. I just would like to see the school operational before deciding to sink my money into it.

Good luck with your endeavors! I can't wait for the end of May 1st!

It will be amazing to see what happens with the school. I love MKE, great city and has a great standard of living. I love that it is close to the cities but I'm hoping to stay closer to home with family.

But, I'm excited for you guys! What an amazing opportunity to start a new program.

I'm just praying I get off this waitlist. I think most of the action will occur in May.

I'm just praying I get off this waitlist. I think most of the action will occur in May.

I agree with you saw the fb page again and I'm assuming two more people accepted going there cause one was just added today, hopefully after today they start grabbing people off the waitlist I really hope so

Yea, I'm with you there buddy. Looks like applications are finally closed though!

Does anyone know how the FB group works, is it as soon as a student is accepted they get an invite, or after a down payment or what?

Does anyone have a May 12th interview date?

Does anyone know how the FB group works, is it as soon as a student is accepted they get an invite, or after a down payment or what?

I personally think it's after they official accept going there so most likely after down payment

Ill let you know how many people are there at the interview and when they will let us know if we are accepted. It will probably be around that time that you will find out.
What is this group activity they have planned?

There were only 7 people there. Was told we were the last group they would be interviewing. We will find out next friday or the monday after that. We have 7-10days to make a decision. So you should know whether you get admitted sometime around then.

They said 40-60. No specifics on how many more, but your spot #2? Id say you have a good shot. I thought it went well.

Thanks for the information! Did they say how many students they wanted in their class, or how many more they want to accept? I'm just trying not to get my hopes up! How did it go today?

I hope your interview went well!!! I really hope they stick with getting around 60 it would be really nice if they do!

I hope they pick atleast ten from the waitlist since I'm number 9 on the list Crossing fingers really hard

Also they finished the classroom since you guys interviewed. It looks amazing. There are 6 90in TV's in there.

Do you think a lot of kids dropped off the waitlist? I'm freaking out now, I really hope I get in. I feel like I'm really down on the waitlist even though I'm number 9

I got waitlisted. How do you check your waitlist position?

Why haven't anyone from the wait list been sent a email than! I'm freaking out now email them and ask what position you are that way you know

They told me my position within the email. I wonder what they're doing... when did you get your email? Did they accept anyone? Are they moving people off the waitlist? What the heck?!

Hey are you gonna email them? To see what's happening?

I'll have a very "nice" story if I don't get in.

I just keep think each Friday will be the day... it is never the case. I wish I could be a fly on the admissions wall and see what they're saying.

Seriously I don't get why they can't meet often, because there are people on the waitlist were there life sorta kinda depend on the admission