MCW students ??

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by AceUF78, Sep 1, 2001.

1. AceUF78

AceUF78 Membaaa....

Hi, I was trying to find some current MCW students. How do you like the school so far ? and what have you liked and disliked about Milwaukee. I would appreciate if you could give me your opinion about the school.
    I start there in August (delayed admission), and I think it's gonna be great....... and I just want some advice from current students.

P.S. btw I will be moving there from Florida.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. misfit

misfit Blinded Me With Science

Attending Physician
    ACEUF78:

Hi, my name is Matt and I am currently an M-1 at MCW (or MedCOW as I like to call it).

I think this school is fantastic. Every faculty/administrative/professional person I have spoken with at the school has the students' interests at heart. I have never met a better bunch of people ready to help you.

The students are interesting, too. We have a great many that come from California and Utah and they add something unique to the Midwestern flavor.

Hope to meet you soon. Feel free to write me back at my e-mail address: [email protected]

Take care,

misfit

4. AceUF78

AceUF78 Membaaa....

Thanks Misfit for replying. I saw some posts from you earlier as well. How is the housing situation for students. Do most students live nearby ? and does the school assist incoming students with finding roommates ?
    Thanks, Akhil
    P.S. Are you (Misfit) from Wisconsin or elsewhere ?

5. mcwmark

mcwmark Senior Member

Hey there-

The school will compile a list of people looking for housing--check with them next May or June. About 75% of people live near the school in apartments which range from $200-700/month/per room while the others choose to live downtown 8 miles away (which is about 30 minutes away during morning rush hour).

I'm from California and current 2nd year student. There are always a handful of people from Florida too. The winters are a big shock for them (and us).