1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

MCW students ??

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by AceUF78, Sep 1, 2001.

1. AceUF78

AceUF78 Membaaa....
    10+ Year Member

Hi, I was trying to find some current MCW students. How do you like the school so far ? and what have you liked and disliked about Milwaukee. I would appreciate if you could give me your opinion about the school.
    I start there in August (delayed admission), and I think it's gonna be great....... and I just want some advice from current students.

P.S. btw I will be moving there from Florida.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. misfit

misfit Blinded Me With Science
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    ACEUF78:

Hi, my name is Matt and I am currently an M-1 at MCW (or MedCOW as I like to call it).

I think this school is fantastic. Every faculty/administrative/professional person I have spoken with at the school has the students' interests at heart. I have never met a better bunch of people ready to help you.

The students are interesting, too. We have a great many that come from California and Utah and they add something unique to the Midwestern flavor.

Hope to meet you soon. Feel free to write me back at my e-mail address: [email protected]

Take care,

misfit

4. AceUF78

AceUF78 Membaaa....
    10+ Year Member

Thanks Misfit for replying. I saw some posts from you earlier as well. How is the housing situation for students. Do most students live nearby ? and does the school assist incoming students with finding roommates ?
    Thanks, Akhil
    P.S. Are you (Misfit) from Wisconsin or elsewhere ?

5. mcwmark

mcwmark Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey there-

The school will compile a list of people looking for housing--check with them next May or June. About 75% of people live near the school in apartments which range from $200-700/month/per room while the others choose to live downtown 8 miles away (which is about 30 minutes away during morning rush hour).

I'm from California and current 2nd year student. There are always a handful of people from Florida too. The winters are a big shock for them (and us).