MD Acceptances with MD-PhD Waitlist - traffic question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted949953

Hey all -

This cycle has been kind of weird for me. I applied to only MD-PhD programs but ended up with a handful of MD-only acceptances and a few MD-PhD waitlists. There are two schools where I've been accepted to MD-only and am on the waitlist for the MD-PhD program. I loved the MD part of School #1 and would prefer to go there if I have to choose MD-only. School #2 has far more research I'm interested in and I'd prefer to do a PhD here over School #1. I'm assuming I won't get off either waitlist until movement picks up after April 30th.

So my dilemma is this: which school do I choose on the CYMS tool on AMCAS on April 30th? If I choose School #1, would I stay on the MD-PhD waitlist for School #2 even after rejecting it for MD-only? Even if it's not a direct reject, will School #2 see I turned down MD-only and think "eh, she's not committed anyway" and reject me that way? I'm a little afraid to call and ask these schools directly because I don't want to give them any reasons to doubt my commitment to their school (since I'm rocking a whopping zero MD-PhD acceptances atm).

Any insight is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.