MD Acceptances with MD-PhD Waitlist - traffic question

Started by deleted949953
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted949953

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all -

This cycle has been kind of weird for me. I applied to only MD-PhD programs but ended up with a handful of MD-only acceptances and a few MD-PhD waitlists. There are two schools where I've been accepted to MD-only and am on the waitlist for the MD-PhD program. I loved the MD part of School #1 and would prefer to go there if I have to choose MD-only. School #2 has far more research I'm interested in and I'd prefer to do a PhD here over School #1. I'm assuming I won't get off either waitlist until movement picks up after April 30th.

So my dilemma is this: which school do I choose on the CYMS tool on AMCAS on April 30th? If I choose School #1, would I stay on the MD-PhD waitlist for School #2 even after rejecting it for MD-only? Even if it's not a direct reject, will School #2 see I turned down MD-only and think "eh, she's not committed anyway" and reject me that way? I'm a little afraid to call and ask these schools directly because I don't want to give them any reasons to doubt my commitment to their school (since I'm rocking a whopping zero MD-PhD acceptances atm).

Any insight is appreciated!