MD Anderson Summer Research Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kakashi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard good or bad things about this program? I know the center is a top place for cancer research but in general is it preferable to do research at one's home institution or elsewhere? Thanks for the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

kakashi said:
Has anyone heard good or bad things about this program? I know the center is a top place for cancer research but in general is it preferable to do research at one's home institution or elsewhere? Thanks for the advice.
I did research there for 2 summers...it was great!!! Your experience depends on your PI & people you work with. My ppl were all awesome! Good luck!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Weirdoc said:
is it too late to apply

yea deadline was early feb. if you're interested in still doing research there, i would just contact PIs and independently try to set something up. get funding is harder this way, but give it a shot..who knows what could happen

I don't know if it's preferable to do research at home, but i can tell you that research at MDACC absolutely rocks. I've been there for several years and I haven't met one PI whose work I haven't been impressed with.

if anyone doing this program is interested in subletting my apt for july and aug, let me know. It's a great room in a 2 bdrm w/another baylor student (female). right next to the metrorail, 2 stops from med center. has gym, pool, hot tub etc.

lastly, if you're coming at the end of june, I could prob work something out.