MD apps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor246853

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK. I'm sitting here trying to put my MD app profile together but its not working out. How the hell do you add things on there?(volunteering, gpa's, clinical exp., ect) It takes me to a page asking when I submitted my app and what was my mcat score...I haven't taken the mcat yet. Can someone shed some light on how I add things on here.Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Someone on SDN made an application that allows you to input all your data easily. Some of the people on this forum used it.

Members don't see this ad :)
OK. I'm sitting here trying to put my MD app profile together but its not working out. How the hell do you add things on there?(volunteering, gpa's, clinical exp., ect) It takes me to a page asking when I submitted my app and what was my mcat score...I haven't taken the mcat yet. Can someone shed some light on how I add things on here.Thanks
Click on the Update Demographics tab, and in the box titled "Brief Profile" you may enter your information, whether formatted using Paul411's HTML layout or not. MDApps does not have a formal entry system for separate things such as Work/Activities. If you have not yet applied or taken the MCAT, simply do not fill out anything on the "Update Applications" tab.

Im in my lab and we do have firefox! I can update it now thanks!:thumbup:

Yeah I went straight to that thread when the first poster replied..I forgot about that.. I tried that but I only have internet explorer. Any other advice?

1) Go to http://www.mdapplicants.com
2) Click 'register now' (top right corner)
3) Click the 'update demographics tab'
4) Fill out what you can. For the rest, like the MCAT that you have not yet taken, just put something in the field so you don't get an error (1, X, #, etc).
5) In the 'brief profile' field enter whatever info you wish in plain text. You can check mine out to see what information I chose to share.

A quick hint, though, is that the site isn't very smart when it comes to conserving spaces so hard return is your friend.

Edit: GTLO beat me to it.

Click on the Update Demographics tab, and in the box titled "Brief Profile" you may enter your information, whether formatted using Paul411's HTML layout or not. MDApps does not have a formal entry system for separate things such as Work/Activities. If you have not yet applied or taken the MCAT, simply do not fill out anything on the "Update Applications" tab.
Yeah that's what I was looking for. Thanks I got it now:thumbup:

1) Go to http://www.mdapplicants.com
2) Click 'register now' (top right corner)
3) Click the 'update demographics tab'
4) Fill out what you can. For the rest, like the MCAT that you have not yet taken, just put something in the field so you don't get an error (1, X, #, etc).
5) In the 'brief profile' field enter whatever info you wish in plain text. You can check mine out to see what information I chose to share.

A quick hint, though, is that the site isn't very smart when it comes to conserving spaces so hard return is your friend.

Edit: GTLO beat me to it.
Thanks, got it.

1) Click on your name in the top-right corner
2) Click 'customize profile' (top right)
3) Click 'edit your details (tab on the left)
4) Enter your 'MDApplicants ID' (bottom)
Ha ha! Got it thanks!

Just a reminder that the level of anonymity you uphold on MDApps is up to you and highly manipulable. If this is not a concern for you that is perfectly fine, I just wanted to give a friendly heads-up that revealing too much might identify you to people you'd otherwise prefer to stay unknown to.

Just a reminder that the level of anonymity you uphold on MDApps is up to you and highly manipulable. If this is not a concern for you that is perfectly fine, I just wanted to give a friendly heads-up that revealing too much might identify you to people you'd otherwise prefer to stay unknown to.
Thanks for the heads up.