MD/MPH Incentives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD-To Be

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am preparing to enter medical school at Wright State University and am considering applying to an MD/MPH dual-degree program. I have read numerous previous posts regarding the specifics of such programs but I was hoping to hear from current medical students:
(1) why they chose to pursue a MPH in addition to their MD,
(2) how the program has been going,
(3) and what they hope to use their MPH for in their future careers; mainly if they are considering focusing more on patient care or getting involved in physician leadership to some degree.

Thanks for the input.

Members don't see this ad.

Surely there must be someone out there in the vast world of SDNers who has some input on this who can give advice. I have done extensive research but really need to hear some first hand accouts. I am open to hear of any students currently pursuing an MD/MPH or any students who are planning on doing so.

Check out the MPH forum

Members don't see this ad :)
SanDiegoSOD said:
Check out the MPH forum

At the expense of sounding like an idiot, how do I find the MPH forum? I am not the most tech savvy person alive.

MD-To Be said:
At the expense of sounding like an idiot, how do I find the MPH forum? I am not the most tech savvy person alive.

here is the link. saying you dont know something is not stupid,
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=94

i was considering that option but i think i wont pursue it anymore, doing the straight MD since there really is not much i can gain from that, that i cant get during a reasearch felowship after my residency, if i am still interested.
Just me though, good luck