Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

MD/MPH Incentives

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by MD-To Be, Jul 26, 2006.

1. MD-To Be

MD-To Be Member

Pre-Medical
    I am preparing to enter medical school at Wright State University and am considering applying to an MD/MPH dual-degree program. I have read numerous previous posts regarding the specifics of such programs but I was hoping to hear from current medical students:
    (1) why they chose to pursue a MPH in addition to their MD,
    (2) how the program has been going,
    (3) and what they hope to use their MPH for in their future careers; mainly if they are considering focusing more on patient care or getting involved in physician leadership to some degree.

Thanks for the input.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MD-To Be

MD-To Be Member

Pre-Medical
    Surely there must be someone out there in the vast world of SDNers who has some input on this who can give advice. I have done extensive research but really need to hear some first hand accouts. I am open to hear of any students currently pursuing an MD/MPH or any students who are planning on doing so.

4. SanDiegoSOD

SanDiegoSOD Milk was a bad choice

Check out the MPH forum

5. MD-To Be

MD-To Be Member

Pre-Medical
    At the expense of sounding like an idiot, how do I find the MPH forum? I am not the most tech savvy person alive.

6. temmie

temmie Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    here is the link. saying you dont know something is not stupid,
    http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=94

i was considering that option but i think i wont pursue it anymore, doing the straight MD since there really is not much i can gain from that, that i cant get during a reasearch felowship after my residency, if i am still interested.
    Just me though, good luck