MD-To Be

10+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
www.adorationprophet.com
Status
Pre-Medical
I am preparing to enter medical school at Wright State University and am considering applying to an MD/MPH dual-degree program. I have read numerous previous posts regarding the specifics of such programs but I was hoping to hear from current medical students:
(1) why they chose to pursue a MPH in addition to their MD,
(2) how the program has been going,
(3) and what they hope to use their MPH for in their future careers; mainly if they are considering focusing more on patient care or getting involved in physician leadership to some degree.

Thanks for the input.

OP
MD-To Be

MD-To Be

10+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
www.adorationprophet.com
Status
Pre-Medical
Surely there must be someone out there in the vast world of SDNers who has some input on this who can give advice. I have done extensive research but really need to hear some first hand accouts. I am open to hear of any students currently pursuing an MD/MPH or any students who are planning on doing so.

About the Ads

temmie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2005
NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
MD-To Be said:
At the expense of sounding like an idiot, how do I find the MPH forum? I am not the most tech savvy person alive.
here is the link. saying you dont know something is not stupid,
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=94

i was considering that option but i think i wont pursue it anymore, doing the straight MD since there really is not much i can gain from that, that i cant get during a reasearch felowship after my residency, if i am still interested.
Just me though, good luck

About the Ads