MD/MPH Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bluemonkey888

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am at the point in school that I need to decide what I plan to purse after undergrad and need to begin applying to medical schools. The plan has always been to attend medical school and become a doctor, but in the last three years have begun getting interested in global health and public health. I want to work with under served populations around the world, but I don't know how best to do that and am now second guessing the time I would be putting into medical school with the potential of not even getting able to work within the global healthcare field. Is a MPH/MD program a good alternative to straight up MD or should I consider other options. Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.