MD/PhD at USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nadica31

Future Oncologyst
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
was your waitlist something like this:""We are extremely grateful to you for applying to the MD/PhD Program at the Keck School of Medicine, Class of 2009. The MD/PhD Committee commends you for your excellent application. Your academic achievements along with your research activities make you a very strong candidate. In addition, the interviews that you had with faculty and students went very well, resulting in solid recommendations.

At this point in time, however, we are still evaluating your application. We feel it is very important that all candidates have the same opportunity for consideration, irrespective of the date they were interviewed and reviewed. We are writing to you to let you know we are very interested in you and hope you keep Keck School of Medicine as one of your top choices. We will contact you as soon as we know the status of your position. Please remain encouraged; your chances are still very strong.
Thank you for applying to our program, and we will be in communication with you over the next few weeks."

I was just wandering to how many people actually they send this, since they have been obviously giving out acceptances, even though the letter says"We feel it is very important that all candidates have the same opportunity for consideration, irrespective of the date they were interviewed and reviewed."
Thank you, by the way i interviewed in february, and just received this letter along with few other guys.
And, should i be sending a LOI or wait untill later?

Members don't see this ad.

Could other people who received the same letter like me share that, and if anyone new what the chances of getting accepted at USC are after this letter?Anyone knows how many acceptances have been given out?
Thanks

nadica31 said:
was your waitlist something like this:""We are extremely grateful to you for applying to the MD/PhD Program at the Keck School of Medicine, Class of 2009. The MD/PhD Committee commends you for your excellent application. Your academic achievements along with your research activities make you a very strong candidate. In addition, the interviews that you had with faculty and students went very well, resulting in solid recommendations.

At this point in time, however, we are still evaluating your application. We feel it is very important that all candidates have the same opportunity for consideration, irrespective of the date they were interviewed and reviewed. We are writing to you to let you know we are very interested in you and hope you keep Keck School of Medicine as one of your top choices. We will contact you as soon as we know the status of your position. Please remain encouraged; your chances are still very strong.
Thank you for applying to our program, and we will be in communication with you over the next few weeks."

I was just wandering to how many people actually they send this, since they have been obviously giving out acceptances, even though the letter says"We feel it is very important that all candidates have the same opportunity for consideration, irrespective of the date they were interviewed and reviewed."
Thank you, by the way i interviewed in february, and just received this letter along with few other guys.
And, should i be sending a LOI or wait untill later?

I got the email...don't really know what it means. If you want to go there, send a LOI, no point in waiting.