MD/PHD Excerise Physiology?

drdr2010

Sleepy intern
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2003
The Crescent City
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign the Medical Scholars Program will allow you to get your PhD in virtually any department. they have an excellent kinesiology dept at UIUC with much research in ex.phys. although its not a MSTP program, all the Md/PhDs are fully funded.

About the Ads

Fixed Gear

Highly Acetylated Locus
    7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Sep 17, 2001
      I think UPenn allows you to get a PhD in any PhD-granting department. I could be (and prolly am) wrong, so Neuronix would be the guy to answer that one.

Look for schools with physiology PhDs. That'll be pretty close if there are people doing 'systems physiology' kind of stuff.

I'm sorta talking out of my ass here, but these are my thoughts.

Neuronix

Total nerd
      Staff member
      Administrator
      Volunteer Staff
      Verified Expert
      15+ Year Member
      Mar 14, 2002
      the beach
      1. Attending Physician
        Originally posted by Fixed Gear
        I think UPenn allows you to get a PhD in any PhD-granting department. I could be (and prolly am) wrong, so Neuronix would be the guy to answer that one.

Supposedly they do, but it is fairly rare and they won't like it very much unless you can really convince them it's a good idea. If you could find some way to do it in a department like BE, I'd say you stand a somewhat better chance. On the other hand, once you're in, they're not going to throw you out. It's just a matter of getting yourself in...

My understanding is that the same is true for most programs that claim to be open to all sorts of ideas for the PhD.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.