MD/PhD guidebook published

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Doctor&Geek

25 > 5 / 15 < 8
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Complete Guide to the MD/PhD Degree
Ben Rosner, Jayakar Nayak, Brandon Minnery
Referral-less link

I'd be interested in seeing what they've written up. It appears to have been published in April 2004, so evidently this was written post-Cholfin / InTransit. My question is, why not obtain advice for free rather than paying someone $29.95 for it?

I did, however, find these amusing:

a.jpg

b.jpg
 
our admin for our program bought this book to take a look at it and thought it was pretty weak. also, one of the students is apparently not quite pleased with their decision to have gone the md/phd route in the first place - and it colors the commentary to an extent. i believe they both went to UMinn(?)
 
I have not looked at the book myself, but I figured that it was only a matter of time before others jumped on the bandwagon and started producing books for MD/PhD applicants. I am glad that applicants will have access to additional material in helping them through the process.

I will continue to make "On the Road to Medical Science" (the MD/PhD applicant guidebook) FREELY available online both at Habari's excellent web site (http://intransit.us) and at my own site (http://go.to/mdphd).

I would encourage all applicants to send interview feedback to Habari since this is a prime source of current perspectives on the different programs. This feedback is important for applicants as well as the programs.

Good luck to all!
 
Vader said:
I have not looked at the book myself, but I figured that it was only a matter of time before others jumped on the bandwagon and started producing books for MD/PhD applicants. I am glad that applicants will have access to additional material in helping them through the process.

I will continue to make "On the Road to Medical Science" (the MD/PhD applicant guidebook) FREELY available online both at Habari's excellent web site (http://intransit.us) and at my own site (http://go.to/mdphd).

I would encourage all applicants to send interview feedback to Habari since this is a prime source of current perspectives on the different programs. This feedback is important for applicants as well as the programs.

Good luck to all!

Hey Vader, I just wanted to give you props. I remember putting together an MD/PhD applicant guide with a few other MD/PhD applicants at our undergrad institution while we were finishing the application process (since this option was becoming more popular back then). I gotta say that your guide was much more comprehensive than ours and I wish I would've had that resource when I was applying. That's all. Cheers!