MD/PhD in Epidemiology

Started by Beckie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Beckie

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What type of work would I be doing with an MD/PhD in Epidemiology? I don't want to work for a university as a professor or anything like that. I would rather work for the CDC or public health department instead.

What type of salary would I earn with an MD/PhD in Epidemiology versus if I just had PhD in epidemiology?

Do I have to complete a residency after getting an MD/Phd in Epidemiology? If the answer is yes, what type of residency would I need to pursue for Epidemiology?

Thanks!!!

~Beckie
 
Look at programs who have MD/PhDs working in Epi stuff. Find some current students. Contact them and graciously ask for some input from people pursuing something similar to what you want to do.

I know Pitt has people doing Epi stuff (because I go there). I'm sure there are many more...