Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
I'm wondering if it's possible to do a post-doc for 5 years, followed by a residency, instead of the traditional route where one does a residency first and then a post-doc. I have my personal reasons why I have to do the post-doc of 5 years first, and the reasons are pretty solid, but I'm wondering if it will be fine with hospitals when I apply for residency later. My ultimate aim is to do 80% research and 20% clinician. Thanks all for reading this.
I'm wondering if it's possible to do a post-doc for 5 years, followed by a residency, instead of the traditional route where one does a residency first and then a post-doc. I have my personal reasons why I have to do the post-doc of 5 years first, and the reasons are pretty solid, but I'm wondering if it will be fine with hospitals when I apply for residency later. My ultimate aim is to do 80% research and 20% clinician. Thanks all for reading this.