MD/PhD secondary questions!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fay

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm still working on MD/PhD my secondaries :(
There are a lot of questions I don't know how to answer. For example, one secondary question ask me what I have been doing since graduation (1 page response max). I've been working at a lab as technician since I graduated. I think I should talk about the projects that I'm working on to make my response to about 1 page. Yet, I already talked about my projects in MD/PhD AMCAS research essay. Won't it be repetitive if I talk about them again? I don't know how to talk about the same projects in a different way in one page. There's certain facts about the project I have to introduce, right?

Another question: Will the MD committee of the same school see my MD/PhD AMCAS essays? If the MD committee won't see my MD/PhD AMCAS essays, shouldn't I include parts of the infomation I wrote in my AMCAS MD/PhD essays into my supplemental application? Yet, won't the MD/PhD committee see my supplemental application as well? Won't the MD/PhD committee feel that I'm being repetitive? For the schools that have seperate MD and MD/PhD supplemental applications, I feel more certain what to infomation to put down for each question. For the schools that have only one combined supplemental applications, I got really confused. Help!!

Members don't see this ad.

In my experience, I wouldn't worry about being repetitive. Just write a response to whatever they are asking, even if they are asking similar things. For several of my secondaries, I re-stated my research even though I thoroughly explained it in my primary...

So no worries! It's okay to write about the same topic...but just don't copy and paste the same essay...

Don't worry about being repetititive. there's a lot of redundancy int his process in general, and sometimes not all teh people involved in the admissions process will see all your materials, so focus on answering the questions fully. As for the secondaries that ask what you've been up to, I tried to make them a bit less dry than the AMCAS shtick. Instead of just describing what you're doing, mention the things you enjoy about it, and what you're learning from it, how it influences your thoughts on your educational/career plans. And mention other things you're doing besides your job too.

I'm still working on MD/PhD my secondaries :(
There are a lot of questions I don't know how to answer. For example, one secondary question ask me what I have been doing since graduation (1 page response max). I've been working at a lab as technician since I graduated. I think I should talk about the projects that I'm working on to make my response to about 1 page. Yet, I already talked about my projects in MD/PhD AMCAS research essay. Won't it be repetitive if I talk about them again? I don't know how to talk about the same projects in a different way in one page. There's certain facts about the project I have to introduce, right?

Another question: Will the MD committee of the same school see my MD/PhD AMCAS essays? If the MD committee won't see my MD/PhD AMCAS essays, shouldn't I include parts of the infomation I wrote in my AMCAS MD/PhD essays into my supplemental application? Yet, won't the MD/PhD committee see my supplemental application as well? Won't the MD/PhD committee feel that I'm being repetitive? For the schools that have seperate MD and MD/PhD supplemental applications, I feel more certain what to infomation to put down for each question. For the schools that have only one combined supplemental applications, I got really confused. Help!!