md/phd website

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

jot

i've finished the coding and formatting for most of the md/phd website. it will soon be accessible from mstp.intransit.us and mdphd.intransit.us but for now, visit:

http://intransit.us

please give me feedback and spread the word to your pre-med advisors etc...
also, i'm still collecting mstp reviews from programs (including other views of programs already represented). others sdn'ers contributed to this quite a bit, so don't be shy to join in.

if there is anything else you'd like to see on there, let me know. i'm still working on compiling the links section - so if you know any good links, post up.

best,

-jot

Members don't see this ad.

Amazing work jot and company!!!

A super valuable resource that will benefit many present and future MSTPers.

Thanks for your hard work:clap: !!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Jot, great job!

Getting more program reviews (somehow) would be nice...

It's been said already...but awesome job, Jot!!!

By the way, are you Jot or Habari now???

Originally posted by jot
i've finished the coding and formatting for most of the md/phd website. it will soon be accessible from mstp.intransit.us and mdphd.intransit.us but for now, visit:

http://intransit.us

please give me feedback and spread the word to your pre-med advisors etc...
also, i'm still collecting mstp reviews from programs (including other views of programs already represented). others sdn'ers contributed to this quite a bit, so don't be shy to join in.

if there is anything else you'd like to see on there, let me know. i'm still working on compiling the links section - so if you know any good links, post up.

best,

-jot

THANK YOU ----- GREAT JOB !!!!!!!

a work of art!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

thank you jot!

Excellent work - thanks jot and everyone else who helped out.
Something the mudphud world needed for a long time.

P.S. jot - I used to be into graphic design and web programming myself - very impressive!

hey yeah -- i'm jot. i was cookied in as 'jot' (lost the password, and occasionally its precookied) and posted the thread as such. post under this name now.

vader's guidebook is pretty comprehensive, but again, if there is any more information you can personally contribute (especially those reviews~).

i have some information from jpaikmans site which i may incorporate soon if i can figure out how.

again - please feel free to criticize, contribute.

what i need the most help with is advertising it to non-sdn populations. so if you could forward it to your pre-med advising peeps that would be cool. i submitted it to dmoz.org so it should show up in search engines shortly.

I'll just echo jot and jpaikman and encourage everyone to contribute reviews and comments on the various programs encountered on the interview trail.

Also, please feel free to contact me with feedback on the guidebook portion of the site.

Have you guys thought about standardizing the program reviews, something to the effect of interview feedback or scutwork (there's another site that does it for medschools)?

I am definitely willing to contribute for a few places I've been to, but most of those are already covered.

Tell me what you think.

S.

hey serge -
first - could you get us a utsouthwestern 'review', or anywhere else?

i thought abuot your suggestion, and i'm not averse to the idea - but my current stumbling block is that my crappy webhost won't let me use php or sql (yeah - they really suck), so currently, people have to e-mail and i have to post things. secondly, the current format interview feedback doesn't allow one to convey general impressions, or too many program specific nuances (but we oculd certianly accomodate them).

if i could move it to a new server i woudl start using php nuke (phpnuke.org) as the interface, rather than this - it would be much easier to update as well as more interactive. i don't really have the funds to do that right now, however. hmm - perhaps sdn could host it.

i'm trying to build up the links section - so if you have mdphd links (articles,info,sites etc...) please post up.

finally, i'd like to underscore that this isn't my site. i merely coded for it - and its a culmination of things i've picked up from people here, at interviews, and others contributions. so please do continue to make suggestions, as we try to maximize its utility.

Ah, I hear you completely on the php/sql issue. Faced it many times. How about simple CGI? I have a small script that can use a plain text file as a database.

Either way, I'll definitely write the Southwestern review. I should have some time these days, so I'll try to write a few others. Do you anticipate posting more than one review for each program?

P.S. should I just email you the review at the address listed on the page?

i will be posting multiple reviews of a place if i can muster it. i'd be interested in the cgi script as well ... you can e-mail both to me @ [email protected]

again - please send me in reviews of places not represented. the site is also aliased @ http://mstp.intransit.us now. - i should have mdphd.intransit.us up soon. even though most peeps are done, don't leave until you give a lil back ;)

A very impressive site! Excellent work.