MD/PhDs applying to oto

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Universe_Explorer

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know how many MD/PhD's apply for oto residencies? I finished a PhD in Neurosci prior to coming to med school, and initially was interested in neurosurg, but have recently become very intrigued by head and neck surgery - anyone have similar experience that can give me some insight? Are oto residency programs mostly looking for oto-research? Sorry for all the questions, but I haven't ben able to find much about this in other places...
 
Hunter77 said:
Anyone know how many MD/PhD's apply for oto residencies? I finished a PhD in Neurosci prior to coming to med school, and initially was interested in neurosurg, but have recently become very intrigued by head and neck surgery - anyone have similar experience that can give me some insight? Are oto residency programs mostly looking for oto-research? Sorry for all the questions, but I haven't ben able to find much about this in other places...

You should be well-prepared for many oto programs. Don't worry about whether your research is in oto or not.