MD Reapplicant Essays (Secondaries)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unperturbed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
The forum seems to have extensive information, dicussions about doing personal statement as a reapplicant:thumbup:

Just a question for those who are re-applying, and especially for those who have reapplied in the past.

What are some of the secondary essay questions that MD schools ask to re-applicants? (Those questions that do not apply to first-applicant but required for re-applicants)?

Do schools usually just ask "What did you do for this intervening year, how did you improve over the year" OR are there different/unique questions that schools ask?

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools first as if you are a re-applicant, and if so what have you done to strengthen your application. I haven't come across anything more complex than this. In fact, some schools don't even ask if you're a re-applicant to begin with.

like alex said. Most secondaries don't even ask about re-applicants. The ones that do just ask you to account for any gaps between undergrad and your current application to their school. Perhaps some may ask 'why you have decided to reapply to this school'. Not too difficult questions

Members don't see this ad :)
Most schools first as if you are a re-applicant, and if so what have you done to strengthen your application. I haven't come across anything more complex than this. In fact, some schools don't even ask if you're a re-applicant to begin with.

+1...Doesn't get much more complex than this. It also just asks what you've been doing since you graduated college

Echoing what above posters said:

Some of the med school secondaries did specifically ask if I had applied to med schools before (a simple check box). Few of them actually asked about my activities in the intervening year(s)... but one actually asked me to list the schools I had applied in the previous cycle(s)... which I thought was a lil ridiculous! :D