MD Secondary App- chances? video?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JustwantDDS

DrAMG
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How indicative of an interview is getting a secondary? And for those of you who got an MD secondary- did you do the video? I just got my secondary, I want to feel happy but Im not sure if its anything to get my hopes up for...:scared:
 
How indicative of an interview is getting a secondary? And for those of you who got an MD secondary- did you do the video? I just got my secondary, I want to feel happy but Im not sure if its anything to get my hopes up for...:scared:

Secondary means you're getting an interview, feel happy
 
really? I just don't want to be let down.
Ive heard that thats generally the case- secondary then interview....
i hopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it is
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Off of UMD's website:

" Candidates whose applications meet preliminary screening criteria will be invited to continue with the admissions process and will receive an invitation to complete the University of Maryland supplemental application. "

🙁 🙁 eek!
 
Yep, I got an interview the same day that I returned the secondary to MD. I didn't do the video upload either.
 
Whew, thanks for the responses guys.
So did anyone actually do the video? It seems so hard....

Anyone get a secondary but No interview????
 
I got a secondary post December and got an interview date scheduled maybe a day or two after submitting...it wasn't as fast as the pre-Dec discussions but still got one. I did not submit the video either..hope that was ok!
 
Wow....nice for all of you people. I got my secondary around the 20th of Dec, submitted the next day, and still have not heard back from them! 😱
 
Wow....nice for all of you people. I got my secondary around the 20th of Dec, submitted the next day, and still have not heard back from them! 😱

You might contact the admissions office to make sure they received the secondary. I know it's electronic, but if they still haven't contacted you then their system might not be showing that you completed it.
 
Wow....nice for all of you people. I got my secondary around the 20th of Dec, submitted the next day, and still have not heard back from them! 😱

Me neither 🙁 I called them yesterday and they said they have received my secondary application. They said there is not a set time to be given the interview. They said it's under review with the admissions committee.
 
after i submitted my secondary i didnt get an interview invite till like a week or more later.. but i am almost 100% that a secondary = interview. I did not do the video but Dr. Meehan herself (the dean of admissions) said that it def is a good thing to do. good luck!!
 
You might contact the admissions office to make sure they received the secondary. I know it's electronic, but if they still haven't contacted you then their system might not be showing that you completed it.

I have faith in the process. I'm sure they have it. I know its taking longer than expected because I am a re-applicant. I just hope its earlier than sooner. :xf:
 
Congrats on getting the secondary it's a good feeling!

I submitted my secondary and had an invite in like 2-3 days so I agree with everyone else and wouldn't worry 🙂

I didn't actually submit the video either but Dr.Meehan said that same thing at my interview that Toothfairy3 said before
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad