MD/VA Residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sethco

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone interviewed at University of Maryland or Medical College of Virginia (VCU)? Does anybody know anything about those programs?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at MCV/VCU. Not at UMD though. It seemed to be a decent enough program. Everyone was nice, the caseload seemed pretty good, and the residents seemed pretty happy with the hours and environment. It's pretty hard to tell a whole lot by spending only a few hours there. A MCV student interviewing the same day echoed that it was a pretty nice program, so I assume he would have known. Some concerns for me are that the hospital constantly loses money due to a wealth of uninsured patients and that the internship now includes a month of OB. Program has decent enough reputation but is not one of the big names by any means. My guess is that this program would prepare you well for private practice. I liked it OK and will rank it somewhere in the bottom of my list.