MD vs DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akshat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I had a question regarding being an MD vs. a DO. I posted in the pre-allopathic forums and they send me here. So here goes.

I have heard from family members and surgeons that I have shadowed that it is better to go MD rather than DO. With a DO you are restricted as to what specialties you can and can't do. Such as surgery, they usally pick MD's over DO's. Is this true, or is it just based on a person to person basis.

If anyone knows please, you input will be much appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

try the search function...you're not the first to ask a questions regarding this topic.

:idea:

Oh, yeah! (opens a can of beer and sits back to enjoy the show).

:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually you might be better off to ask on the osteopath forum. Most allo's don't know a whole lot about DO's whereas DO's tend to know about both. There are some DO's that read this board though so you might get some decent answers from them.

Akshat said:
Hey guys I had a question regarding being an MD vs. a DO. I posted in the pre-allopathic forums and they send me here. So here goes.

I have heard from family members and surgeons that I have shadowed that it is better to go MD rather than DO. With a DO you are restricted as to what specialties you can and can't do. Such as surgery, they usally pick MD's over DO's. Is this true, or is it just based on a person to person basis.

Definitely search this question out. And if you do end up posting this on the DO forum, I hope you are a firefighter, because you are going to get flamed.

Fantasy Sports said:
Definitely search this question out. And if you do end up posting this on the DO forum, I hope you are a firefighter, because you are going to get flamed.
you think people at this point in their life are more mature than other folks, but ... i guess not.
I don't know anything about DO.

Akshat said:

DOs can be surgeons, and can enter just about any other speciality. People on the pre-osteo forum would be happy to tell you this. :D

Shinken said:
Oh, yeah! (opens a can of beer and sits back to enjoy the show).

:smuggrin:

Yes, this might be the best reply in SDN history.

Benzo4every1 said:
you think people at this point in their life are more mature than other folks, but ... i guess not.
I don't know anything about DO.

Just a joke dawg :D

Status
Not open for further replies.