MD vs. DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

enka

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
DO vs. MD
Defend your side and give evidence to back up your claims. Please keep it friendly and professional. Be nice. I would appreciate everyone's perspective. Thanks. I really appreciate your time and help.

Members don't see this ad.

The main reason why this has become a pressing problem for me is that my brother is about to go to DO school and I want to find out if he is making a good choice. He got into 13 DO schools, all of the Carribean big 4, and wait listed at 3 US MD schools.

The main reason why this has become a pressing problem for me is that my brother is about to go to DO school and I want to find out if he is making a good choice. He got into 13 DO schools, all of the Carribean big 4, and wait listed at 3 US MD schools.

you have posted in 3 different forums and you are ******ed

Members don't see this ad :)
you have posted in 3 different forums and you are ******ed

I want to get a response right away. Back when I was applying to med school 8 years ago things were much more concrete.

DO is like dentistry, he is going to take **** for it on a daily basis his entire career. Tell him to wait because those MD initials are worth more.

DO is like dentistry, he is going to take **** for it on a daily basis his entire career. Tell him to wait because those MD initials are worth more.

ha. I am pretty sure you are on the same ******ed level as the OP :thumbup:

I would heavily recommend searching for old threads. There are multitudes of them discussing this very topic.

You are going to have your threads shut down, either for multiple posts, or for starting a flame-war.

Why don't YOU do the research yourself?

MDs and DOs can do the SAME thing, at the SAME hospitals, for the SAME pay.

If you think the letters after your name is more important than the career you have, you/he should have applied to MD only. There is nothing wrong with your brothers "choice" to go DO. He won't have any problems doing whatever he puts an honest effort toward. DOs have protected residencies in everything including neurosurgery. Besides - unless he wants to reapply, looks like hes in a take-it-or-leave-it situation.

Carribbean MDs will be pushed out as 1. pre-matches are impossible as of the match after this year's, 2. by 2015 the increased US med school grads will make IMGs almost unnecessary to fill the Match.

Maybe 8 years ago it was different, but nowadays the MD-DO debate among physicians is as pointless as a DDS-DMD debate among dentists, or an American Heart Assn. - American Red Cross debate among CPR certified laypeople.

Do your own research. There's an insane amount of information out there already about this. For starters, you could go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_MD_and_DO_in_the_United_States

You said "I want to get a response right away. Back when I was applying to med school 8 years ago things were much more concrete." Don't you realize that *doing your own research* is the quickest way to get an answer?

TO ALL THE HATERS:
At the end of the day, Ummmm, all the people who are rooting for me to fail, ummm, at the end of the day, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today, they got the same personal problems they had, today. You know, and I’m gonna continue to live the way I want to live, and continue to do the things I wannna do with me and my family …they gotta get back to the real world at some point.

in before the lockdown. :thumbup:

the trolls are getting weaker and weaker :(

Members don't see this ad :)
in before the lockdown. :thumbup:

the trolls are getting weaker and weaker :(

Yeah...I get in too...definite troll...even putting the same posts in all of his/her threads...lol

DO vs. MD
Defend your side and give evidence to back up your claims. Please keep it friendly and professional. Be nice. I would appreciate everyone's perspective. Thanks. I really appreciate your time and help.

Go DO...I hear they get are taught wizardry and defense against the black arts...

TO ALL THE HATERS:
At the end of the day, Ummmm, all the people who are rooting for me to fail, ummm, at the end of the day, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today, they got the same personal problems they had, today. You know, and I’m gonna continue to live the way I want to live, and continue to do the things I wannna do with me and my family …they gotta get back to the real world at some point.

At the end of the day I will always know that I have better grammar than you.

At the end of the day I will always know that I have better grammar than you.

My SAT Score = 1600/1600

MY MCAT = 41

My USMLE Step 1 = 99

My USMLE Step 2 = 99

Well things have been so easy for me in my life with my 41 MCAT; that I have always been in a DO free environment. Most of my classmates in med school did not even consider DO school because they all had 35+ MCAT scores.

My SAT Score = 1600/1600

MY MCAT = 41

My USMLE Step 1 = 99

My USMLE Step 2 = 99

I like how he gave himself a 41 on the MCAT in an attempt to add a thin veneer of legitimacy.

Troll_fail.jpg

Haters only hate the things that they can't get and the people they can't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.