MDS from India

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

S@5557

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi... I have completed my MDS in Orthodontics from New Delhi, India. I will be shifting to US by November and am planning to take NBDE. Can anyone please suggest how should i go about things? All i know is i need to get ECE evaluation done. I have my undergraduate mark sheets with my provisional degree but no transcript. For MDS we are just given a Pass/Fail. What all documents should i send to ECE and what kind of evaluation should i ask for?
And how long does the evaluation take? My undergraduate percentages are between 65%-70% but when i convert my percentage online on a 4-point GPA scale, my GPA comes out to be pretty low. Thats very disheartening as in my under-graduation days these were amongst the highest scores we could get in my college.
Please Help

Members don't see this ad.

You need to go to the ECE web site and look at which documents you would need to provide. You can also write to them and ask details. You need to order the subject to subject evaluation, check the ada.com, because I did it a long time ago
In my country the one had to know pretty much all the material in order to get "PASS", but I got 0 for those subjects for the GPA

You need to go to the ECE web site and look at which documents you would need to provide. You can also write to them and ask details. You need to order the subject to subject evaluation, check the ada.com, because I did it a long time ago
In my country the one had to know pretty much all the material in order to get "PASS", but I got 0 for those subjects for the GPA
Hi..Thankyou for the reply..but can you please explain for which subjects did you get o? i did call them and they asked for my MDS transcripts. We only get a pass or fail..so what all should be there in transcript?

Members don't see this ad :)
Truly, I do not know. I sent my bachelor diploma transcript. About two thirds were marks and about one third of grades were pass/fail - I got "0" points for them. You really have to ask them, because they might have different rules, I am not from India. They seemed very friendly, when I called them and eager to help. They also asked me to send all transcripts after high school, there were no charges for additional documents. Anyway, you have to check with them, because I did it a long time ago

which one do i need to select for ECE Evaluation...."Course by Course" or "High School and University level Course by Course"?

which one do i need to select for ECE Evaluation...."Course by Course" or "High School and University level Course by Course"?

Course by course

i have requested ECE to send a copy to JNCDE....how will JNCDE identify it as being my report?

Hi all, I want to know about transcripts..I m a foreign dentist from India.i want to get transcripts from my college..so not sure that how many copies of transcipts I hav to get from India for applying to different colleges...can anyone help...

It depends on how many schools you are applying to. I applied for 10 programs so I had 10 copies sealed and signed as transcripts. Also, you have to go through all info on the websites for the initial preparation. ECE, CAAPID , TOEFL not to mention the individual websites of the schools that you are interested in. It might seem a lot initially but as you become familiar with what the websites are asking for , in no time you will be in the game and doing stuff step by step. Good luck!

i have requested ECE to send a copy to JNCDE....how will JNCDE identify it as being my report?
You have a DENTPIN don't you? And am sure there are other identifying demographic info. That's how.

Hi all, I want to know about transcripts..I m a foreign dentist from India.i want to get transcripts from my college..so not sure that how many copies of transcipts I hav to get from India for applying to different colleges...can anyone help...
Quite often they want transcripts sent directly, so make sure you made arrangements for that

It depends on how many schools you are applying to. I applied for 10 programs so I had 10 copies sealed and signed as transcripts. Also, you have to go through all info on the websites for the initial preparation. ECE, CAAPID , TOEFL not to mention the individual websites of the schools that you are interested in. It might seem a lot initially but as you become familiar with what the websites are asking for , in no time you will be in the game and doing stuff step by step. Good luck!

Hi... I have completed my MDS in Orthodontics from New Delhi, India. I will be shifting to US by November and am planning to take NBDE. Can anyone please suggest how should i go about things? All i know is i need to get ECE evaluation done. I have my undergraduate mark sheets with my provisional degree but no transcript. For MDS we are just given a Pass/Fail. What all documents should i send to ECE and what kind of evaluation should i ask for?
And how long does the evaluation take? My undergraduate percentages are between 65%-70% but when i convert my percentage online on a 4-point GPA scale, my GPA comes out to be pretty low. Thats very disheartening as in my under-graduation days these were amongst the highest scores we could get in my college.
Please Help
Hey. I also didnt get my MDS marksheet. Can you help? what are you going to do about it?

Last edited:
Hey. I also didnt get my MDS marksheet. Can you help? what are you going to do about it?
hi...my university does not give any mark sheet for MDS..its either pass or fail. I had to send my provisional degree only for ece evaluation, besides the marksheets of BDS.

hi...my university does not give any mark sheet for MDS..its either pass or fail. I had to send my provisional degree only for ece evaluation, besides the marksheets of BDS.
Ohh..You sent your transcripts for ece. Great :-y All the best for your results. Do tell us what you got.