mdsalaries.blogspot gone

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JeetKuneDo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This site used to have some pretty cool info on future salaries and descriptions of physicians and dentists. I was just curious if any of the info on it was updated and now I find that the blog is taken down. Anyone have info on it?

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmm ... that's weird. I used to look at that site every once and a while. The guy had some good insight and posted interesting information.

I always wondered about a figure that site would quote about optho-retinal-vitreo-whatever surgeons and how they make something like $700,000/month. Yes. A month. BS, right? That's like A-Rod money.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, I'm pretty sure most of his info was wrong (it was way to high).

Ya Im not sure how accurate everything was on that site but it seems the blog is down for now. If you want to see something that was posted earlier, you can try googling mdsalariesblogspot.com and then clicking the cache link. For example in google type "mdsalariesblogspot.com retinal medicine" then click on cache link to see how much retinal surgeons make. It does say up to $800,000 a yr not month. (Not sure if everyone knows about the cache link so thought it may be helpful to write this)Hopefully the site will be back up soon!

We're his numbers really that far off of MGMA or recruiters sites or anything?? I don't particularly remember, but I think I used his numbers multiple times in SDN arguments ... and I ALWAYS win SDN arguments ;) jk.

Ya Im not sure how accurate everything was on that site but it seems the blog is down for now. If you want to see something that was posted earlier, you can try googling mdsalariesblogspot.com and then clicking the cache link. For example in google type "mdsalariesblogspot.com retinal medicine" then click on cache link to see how much retinal surgeons make. It does say up to $800,000 a yr not month. (Not sure if everyone knows about the cache link so thought it may be helpful to write this)Hopefully the site will be back up soon!

Cool, I didn't know about the cache link. Anyway, I did the search:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...blogspot.com+retinal&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I don't know what they're talking about or who ";-)" is, but apparently somebody made $737,868 in a month. That's got to be a load of bull, wouldn't you all say?