MDT and Radiological Findings

Started by fozzy40
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fozzy40

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Quick question...

I understand that the mechanical diagnosis and therapy approach to back pain is less focused on the anatomic and is more driven by symptom pattern and clinical response.

However, my question is have their been studies to correlate pain descriptors used in MDT (i.e. inflammatory, ischemic, peripheral neurogenic, central sensitivity) with radiologic studies? I know you don't need the studies because they will not change the treatment but it would be interesting to know if there have been such studies.

Thanks!
 
Quick question...

I understand that the mechanical diagnosis and therapy approach to back pain is less focused on the anatomic and is more driven by symptom pattern and clinical response.

However, my question is have their been studies to correlate pain descriptors used in MDT (i.e. inflammatory, ischemic, peripheral neurogenic, central sensitivity) with radiologic studies? I know you don't need the studies because they will not change the treatment but it would be interesting to know if there have been such studies.

Thanks!

Fozzy,

I think that Laslet did something like this quite a while back. I will see if I can dug up a reference.