Med-Mar Reach School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Schwifty

Ortho PGY-1
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I have a bit of an odd question, I signed up for Med-Mar when taking my MCAT and have had several schools email me encouraging me to apply, you know how it is, they want money. However, I did get an email from a top 20 school encouraging me to apply and they are willing to waive my secondary fee. This email also said that if my stats were above X they really wanted me to apply, and my stats are above X, but still well below their 10th percentile MCAT, but my GPA is good for the school. I'm going to go ahead and apply here because I don't have to pay the secondary, but I was wondering if there is anyone who had something like this happen to them and they actually got accepted to the school, because this school is a crazy reach for me. Also, I’m Hispanic, LizzyM 66-67, WARS 73, higher GPA, Lower MCAT.
Apply man! It definitely can’t hurt. Whenever I got emails from these schools, it usually ended in a rejection. But I never NEVER got an email from a top 20 school. Shoot your shot, and don’t let this great opportunity pass you by ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Hello everyone,

I have a bit of an odd question, I signed up for Med-Mar when taking my MCAT and have had several schools email me encouraging me to apply, you know how it is, they want money. However, I did get an email from a top 20 school encouraging me to apply and they are willing to waive my secondary fee. This email also said that if my stats were above X they really wanted me to apply, and my stats are above X, but still well below their 10th percentile MCAT, but my GPA is good for the school. I'm going to go ahead and apply here because I don't have to pay the secondary, but I was wondering if there is anyone who had something like this happen to them and they actually got accepted to the school, because this school is a crazy reach for me. Also, I’m Hispanic, LizzyM 66-67, WARS 73, higher GPA, Lower MCAT.
Also Hispanic and received one from a top 5 school, which is a huge reach stats wise, but ended up applying because of the email they sent. Ended up receiving an II so I think you should shoot your shot! They can't say yes if you don't apply

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone,

I’m in the opposite position (lower GPA, higher MCAT) and I have had good success at schools that have reached out to me via med-mar. I have interviewed at 5 schools for which I’m below the 10th percentile GPA. Definitely apply if you can see yourself matriculating there.

Reactions: 1 user