-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Med-MAR
Started by CBG23
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone sign up for this when registering for the MCAT and actually recieve anything? I haven't...
i took the Jan 07 MCAT and signed up for MedMar, i never received anything either.
It could be that the recruitment materials are still sent out at pre-multiple MCAT testing dates intervals. With that in mind, the materials probably still go out at some point following the August test dates and some time following the April test dates. Maybe the schools are looking at other criteria in the registry for who to send stuff to as well.
Might want to call the AAMC about it and ask them for details either way.
Might want to call the AAMC about it and ask them for details either way.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me either🙁Anyone sign up for this when registering for the MCAT and actually recieve anything? I haven't...
Ditto to above.
The first time I took the MCAT, I got nothing but mail from the Caribbean medical schools... hah. But I don't think that had to do with Med-Mar specifically. This time around (May MCAT, got a 38), all I've gotten is some mail from the Medical Univ. of South Carolina clerkship program - which doesn't even apply to me because I'm not a 4th year med student.
T
twinlamp
I also got a letter from South Carolina. I have not even taken the MCAT.
N
njbmd
It's still pretty early in the admissions process for the year. Most schools do not begin sending "recruiting" materials until a bit later. Med-Mar is generally not particularly useful for getting loads of materials as most medical schools do not invest much in the "recruitment" of applicants. Most schools have far more applications than slots and do not particularly want more applications to process.
I can tell you that my two schools will not be sending out recruitment materials as we are currently well ahead of our numbers last year in terms of applications received by this time.
I can tell you that my two schools will not be sending out recruitment materials as we are currently well ahead of our numbers last year in terms of applications received by this time.
just got my first Med-Mar contact this morning, from Wake Forest:
then it goes on to say stuff about the school. shouldn't they send this stuff out earlier before most primaries are submitted?
The Wake Forest University School of Medicine (WFUSM) is pleased to learn of your interest in a medical career. Our institution is committed to increasing the representation of students who are disadvantaged and/or underrepresented in medical education.
Based solely on your MCAT scores and without any information from AMCAS, we invite you to apply to the Wake Forest University School of Medicine. Including Wake Forest University School of Medicine on your original or supplemental AMCAS request will offer us the opportunity to review your completed records. If you have already applied to the school of medicine and received a response, please accept our apology and disregard the invitation.
then it goes on to say stuff about the school. shouldn't they send this stuff out earlier before most primaries are submitted?
I, too, received something from Wake Forest, and GW (but I'm not sure if my GW email had to do with MedMar - it didn't say anything about it). Aside from that, a letter from WashU.
Anyone receive really random ones? I get numerous emails from the army, and just got one from Penn's veterinary school...?
Anyone receive really random ones? I get numerous emails from the army, and just got one from Penn's veterinary school...?
I, too, received something from Wake Forest, and GW (but I'm not sure if my GW email had to do with MedMar - it didn't say anything about it). Aside from that, a letter from WashU.
Anyone receive really random ones? I get numerous emails from the army, and just got one from Penn's veterinary school...?
yeah, i keep getting the army ones as well. i also keep asking to be removed from their mailing list. but, apparently there is a "Master MCAT" list that they get out info from. not sure how to get off that.
I don't think I have received anything by email or snail mail (although, my mom hasn't checked the mail in a while because she's on vacation). Also, I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I took the MCAT on 6/15 ? In anycase, I guess I am glad I am not getting my inbox flooded with emails from the army 🙂.
Oh, btw, nice avator wutwinb
.
.I, too, received something from Wake Forest, and GW (but I'm not sure if my GW email had to do with MedMar - it didn't say anything about it). Aside from that, a letter from WashU.
Anyone receive really random ones? I get numerous emails from the army, and just got one from Penn's veterinary school...?
Yeah, I just got one yesterday. I actually looked it over; seemed kind of interesting - idea of doing a VMD/PhD in lieu of an MD/PhD. 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have gotten an email from UMich that may, or may not, be related to Med-Mar. I also received a letter and viewbook in the mail from Dartmouth which is definitely related to Med-Mar. Oh yeah, and I also receive army emails almost everyday.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 347
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 2K