Med/Peds question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

megsMS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my board scores back and they're not so hot...just a little below average. My pre-clinical grades are pretty average, too. I was wondering if I still had a chance of getting into a med/peds program or even a peds program. Everyone I talk to seems to believe that unless you have a 230+ and a 4.0 that you can't go into anything at all, which I sincerely hope is not true, otherwise about half of all med students wouldn't get to be doctors. I am also interested in an allergy/immunology fellowship. I love research and plan to do more, so hopefully this will help. Does anyone have any advice that will calm my fears?

Please help me out if you can.

Members don't see this ad.

megsMS said:
I just got my board scores back and they're not so hot...just a little below average. My pre-clinical grades are pretty average, too. I was wondering if I still had a chance of getting into a med/peds program or even a peds program. Everyone I talk to seems to believe that unless you have a 230+ and a 4.0 that you can't go into anything at all, which I sincerely hope is not true, otherwise about half of all med students wouldn't get to be doctors. I am also interested in an allergy/immunology fellowship. I love research and plan to do more, so hopefully this will help. Does anyone have any advice that will calm my fears?

Please help me out if you can.

You certainly wouldn't have a problem getting into a peds program ... I'm not sure about med/peds ... I do know there are some community programs (i.e. Orlando) ... maybe apply to some community programs as well. Do well in peds and medicine next year.

Hi
you would have no problem in getting into peds and mostly into medped too.
fellowship depends on your performance in residency so dont worry. for medped you may want to look at following link

http://www.medpeds.org

GL
REGARDS
DRV

Thank you both so much. Sometimes the worry can get to me, but that will definitely calm my fears for a while. :)