med/psych

Discussion in 'Psychiatry' started by Poety, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Is it possible to get double boarded in medicine and psych by doing a psych residency. For instance, what if I did electives in medicine - I dont want to leave my program, but I've been seriously considering doing a med/psych path but we don't have one here - any options on this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Doc Samson

Doc Samson gamma irradiated
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    One of my classmates double-boarded in psychiatry after finishing medicine. She got credit for the medicine months of internship, and that was it, so I wouldn't hold out much hope for leniency on the requirements from either of the boards.

More importantly - what gives, Poety? Disatisfied with your first month of psychiatry (or maybe excited by your first month of medicine)?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

you hit hte head, thast exactly what it is - but I think after talkign with people, Id be doing mroe of one or the other, and I prefer psych in that sense. Im actually getting into this psychodynamic crap too - can you believe it? Me of all people :laugh:

4. Doc Samson

Doc Samson gamma irradiated
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Told you it pulls you in. Norto will be telling us the same thing pretty soon. ;)

5. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

They got me with the whole temperment vs. character etc etc - found that fascinating.

6. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member
    2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. :eek:

7. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

Damn if that ain't the truth :laugh: