med/psych

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poety

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to get double boarded in medicine and psych by doing a psych residency. For instance, what if I did electives in medicine - I dont want to leave my program, but I've been seriously considering doing a med/psych path but we don't have one here - any options on this?

Members don't see this ad.

One of my classmates double-boarded in psychiatry after finishing medicine. She got credit for the medicine months of internship, and that was it, so I wouldn't hold out much hope for leniency on the requirements from either of the boards.

More importantly - what gives, Poety? Disatisfied with your first month of psychiatry (or maybe excited by your first month of medicine)?

Doc Samson said:
One of my classmates double-boarded in psychiatry after finishing medicine. She got credit for the medicine months of internship, and that was it, so I wouldn't hold out much hope for leniency on the requirements from either of the boards.

More importantly - what gives, Poety? Disatisfied with your first month of psychiatry (or maybe excited by your first month of medicine)?

you hit hte head, thast exactly what it is - but I think after talkign with people, Id be doing mroe of one or the other, and I prefer psych in that sense. Im actually getting into this psychodynamic crap too - can you believe it? Me of all people :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Poety said:
[/U]

you hit hte head, thast exactly what it is - but I think after talkign with people, Id be doing mroe of one or the other, and I prefer psych in that sense. Im actually getting into this psychodynamic crap too - can you believe it? Me of all people :laugh:

Told you it pulls you in. Norto will be telling us the same thing pretty soon. ;)

Doc Samson said:
Told you it pulls you in. Norto will be telling us the same thing pretty soon. ;)

They got me with the whole temperment vs. character etc etc - found that fascinating.

Doc Samson said:

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. :eek:

Demosthenes said:
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. :eek:

Damn if that ain't the truth :laugh: