Med School applying and recent disciplinary suspension

Started by 252238
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

2

252238

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am put on disciplinary suspension, and should be taking my mcat and applying soon, I have a fine GPA, all research and health exposure, and now this issue, do I have a shot at getting accepted?

ANY recommendations as to how I can present myself differently?
 
Yes, it definately depends on what you have done. I hate to let you down, but if you were caught in academic dishonesty or cheating your chances of getting into medical school may greatly be affected. Medical schools frown upon students who engage in this type of behavior.

Still I don't know what your suspension is for, but it really depends on that. 😕
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You will need to write about what you did and explain yourself, again like others have mentioned it depends on what you did. It will probably be discussed at the interview as well. Just remember, you are applying with alot of other applicants who have the gpa/mcat scores and excellent experience and no such issues, make sure your personal statement rocks.