Med School applying and recent disciplinary suspension

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I am put on disciplinary suspension, and should be taking my mcat and applying soon, I have a fine GPA, all research and health exposure, and now this issue, do I have a shot at getting accepted?

ANY recommendations as to how I can present myself differently?

Members don't see this ad.

it all depends, what did you do? why were you put on disciplinary suspension ?

Yes, it definately depends on what you have done. I hate to let you down, but if you were caught in academic dishonesty or cheating your chances of getting into medical school may greatly be affected. Medical schools frown upon students who engage in this type of behavior.

Still I don't know what your suspension is for, but it really depends on that. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
You will need to write about what you did and explain yourself, again like others have mentioned it depends on what you did. It will probably be discussed at the interview as well. Just remember, you are applying with alot of other applicants who have the gpa/mcat scores and excellent experience and no such issues, make sure your personal statement rocks.

Did you end up getting in? I'm in a similar situation at the moment.

Thanks