Med school at IU anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nebulizer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody applying to IU? Just trying to figure out who if anyone wants to go there. If you've interviewed there, what was your impression?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you asking about Indiana University? I just got back from my interview there on Wednesday and I absolutely loved the school. I liked the way they conducted their interviews with 2 interviewers in the session to ask questions and it was more conversationlike..really puts you at ease. All the hospitals are on the campus (there are 5 i think, va, children's, county, private and i can't remember the last one). PM me if you have any specific questions about the interview or my stats.

Members don't see this ad :)
bump... and wondering whether anyone has heard post-interview (non-EDP). I interviewed in early Sept. and believe that they send invites the 15th of every month.

nasdr said:
bump... and wondering whether anyone has heard post-interview (non-EDP). I interviewed in early Sept. and believe that they send invites the 15th of every month.

me too ..... in the same boat ...non-EDP .... out-of-state.........but if I remember correctly, my interviewer said they won't be looking at out-of-staters till late in the game......he said to wait 2-3 months for a response :oops:

does anyone know when their next excom meeting is this week?

i was interviewed there earlier this year.
im outta state, and from what ive heard chances are slim for non indiana residents
still, they are saying that they're gonna inform me by mid-april

any non-indiana folks here admitted at IU ??

kidgorgeous said:
does anyone know when their next excom meeting is this week?

adcom meetings at IU are held every 15th of the month. letters are sent out in the next couple of days

It was my understanding that the adcom meets at the first of every month and notifications are sent out afterwards on the 15th.

I think the adcom meets during the first week of the month sometime. And, they mail out the decisions on the 15th. Did anybody else try to call the admissions office and found out some new information?
Thanks.
God bless,
kid.

:) i got my acceptance on or about 2/20.

LoveDoc said:
:) i got my acceptance on or about 2/20.
when did you interview lovedoc? In state or out of state?
thanks.

kidgorgeous said:
when did you interview lovedoc? In state or out of state?
thanks.

interviewed in october. i'm out of state but i have strong
IN ties.

you're welcome.

patiently awaiting decision ! Anybody else in the same boat? I tried calling the admissions office and they told me that committee has already met for this month, but they wouldn't give any information on whether a decision has been made on my application or not! The nice lady on the phone said that next batch of letters go out on the 15th.
Praise the Lord!
May he bless us all!
kid. :thumbup: