Med School Hopeful..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TawMus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I just got my MCATs back and finished primary apps. What do you guys think my chances are??

3.25 AACOMAS science GPA
3.1 AACOMAS cumulative GPA

3.0 cumulative non-AACOMAS GPA
3.0 science non-AACOMAS GPA
31Q Mcat

Got About 2 excellent Lors So Far. (1 Science Professor That I Did Research With For About 8 Mo. , And 1 From Volunteer Coordinator)

Shadowed DO in Emergency room for 20+ hrs . Letter in progress

About 100+ Hrs. Volunteering In Er.

Mission Trip To Mexico.

Worked Full-time Thruout My Entire 7 Yrs In College =/

Graduating At The End Of This Upcoming Spring.

I've applied to all the schools ( MD and DO) in Texas, where I ultimately want to attend. Also considering schools in California, New York, Florida. But will probably attend whereever I'm accepted. Do you guys think I have a shot at any Texas MD or DO schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, I don't know much about Texas schools...but other than your low GPA, your app looks great!

I'm going to move this to "What are my chances" subforum where you should get more responses.

Sorry, I don't know much about Texas schools...but other than your low GPA, your app looks great!

I'm going to move this to "What are my chances" subforum where you should get more responses.

Do you know any OOS MD schools that I shoulda applied to?

I think your best chances will be with osteopathic schools, unless you don't mind spending a few years repairing your GPA with additional undergrad classwork. I don't think you have any chance at OOS MD schools with such a low GPA. In fact, I'd be very surprised if your in-state schools gave you a shot, considering your ECs seem pretty average. The MCAT is good, but not sufficient to compensate. I am not an expert on Texas schools either, however. Maybe someone will chime in.