Med School Prom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tealstar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Most schools seem to have some sort of formal, for students of all 4 years. More of a cocktail party than a prom.

Members don't see this ad :)
First the frat thread, now this! Will I be going back in time if I go to med school?

Reactions: 1 users
Yup I'm at DMU and we have it. Pretty sure most schools do

I'm outraged that none of the new innovative curriculums we have make any mention of nap time.

Reactions: 9 users
Yeah... I went first year, haven't been since. Way too overpriced (anywhere from $50-70/ticket for us) for what ultimately amounts to an up-scale high school homecoming dance.
Yikes, for that kinda money do they at least have an open bar?

"Does anybody know which med schools have recess?"

Qyo3xBmnCYZ8I6E.jpg

Not trying to be funny here, hehehe.

Did anyone else read the title wrong? :naughty:

Most schools have some kind of formal dinner, dance, "prom," etc at some point during the year. I think a majority of medical school classes try to do some social outings together every so often. You get to know your fellow classmates pretty well in this kind of environment, and that is a great thing since we will all be colleagues, but it's certainly not required.

Reactions: 1 user
UCSF has one. I can honestly say my 1st year's dance ended up being one of my life's most cherished memories. Med school, I miss you so much!

UCSF has one and it's only $15 or so for a ticket, and it's in a really ritzy hotel in Union Square. USC has a really fun, informal formal from what I hear. They are a blast---it's a nice bonus if your school has one. And no, you don't NEED a date.

Reactions: 1 user