Med-Schools known for looking at positive GPA trends

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ScientiaPotenti

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Everyone,

I had a chronic medical condition in undergrad, which contributed to a low GPA (3.1). Since then I've done a post-bacc (45 credits - 4.0), which gave my GPA a positive trend.

Does anyone know of specific medical schools that are known to have a willingness to look at/be favorable to positive GPA-trends? Assuming all other credentials are in order.

Thanks!
 
I'm in the same boat as you. Undergrad GPA ~3.38, but my post-bacc work has been a 4.0.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Consider osteopathic schools, they tend to be much more forgiving and look at the application holistically.