Med Schools that don't like reapplicants

Started by Pangwyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pangwyn

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

Is there any information on which med schools tend to disfavor reapplicants? Do they follow any trends in terms of, say, T20's, high GPA/MCAT searchers, etc etc? Any and all information is appreciated, anecdotal or otherwise. Is there a bias against students who have received an interview?
 
I'm not sure where you got that information from, but I have never heard of being a reapplicant as negative. If anything they might look twice at your application and see where you improved.
 
I've heard of bias against 3 time applicants, but not a reapplicant