Med students, don't do stuff like this:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Medical resident in Cleveland fired for antisemitic social media posts

Interesting to note that she was a DO grad, and in fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic.

I take it that she'll still be able to practice medicine?
It looks like she didn't even complete her intern year, so no she won't. Graduated in 2018, was only there for 3 months: Cleveland Clinic doctor fired after making anti-Semitic statements online
Interesting that they say she only worked there till September and these post only blew up today.

Looks like her ratings took a bit of hit, lol (400+ reviews from today) : Reviews | Dr. Lara Kollab DO Reviews | Cleveland, OH | Vitals.com

Last edited:
If being a doctor isn't central to your online presence (i.e, there is a financial incentive to promote yourself as such), I strongly recommend against identifying yourself as such. If you can't resist the urge to post controversial crap, at least do so under a pseudonym or something.

People in a position of power (social, financial, whatever) live much further on the risk side of the risk/benefit of social media.

Members don't see this ad :)
If being a doctor isn't central to your online presence (i.e, there is a financial incentive to promote yourself as such), I strongly recommend against identifying yourself as such. If you can't resist the urge to post controversial crap, at least do so under a pseudonym or something.

People in a position of power (social, financial, whatever) live much further on the risk side of the risk/benefit of social media.
Did you read the posts? This is more than a just 'don't post dumb things' kind of situation. In fact, I would encourage everyone who espouses such beliefs to go ahead and put them out there, so I can know ahead of time who I am dealing with.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
The craziest thing about all of this is this lady went to Touro.

Reactions: 21 users
It looks like she didn't even complete her intern year, so no she won't. Graduated in 2018, was only there for 3 months: Cleveland Clinic doctor fired after making anti-Semitic statements online
Interesting that they say she only worked there till September and these post only blew up today.

Looks like her ratings took a bit of hit, lol (400+ reviews from today) : Reviews | Dr. Lara Kollab DO Reviews | Cleveland, OH | Vitals.com
Ahh, even more tasty karma. I was under the impression that she was a fellow.

Reactions: 2 users
Did you read the posts? This is more than a just 'don't post dumb things' kind of situation. In fact, I would encourage everyone who espouses such beliefs to go ahead and put them out there, so I can know ahead of time who I am dealing with.

I read the examples within the article, yes. I consciously chose controversial crap as the verbiage because "hate speech" is thrown around too much these days for my liking. This person was an idiot that holds stupid beliefs. How about that?

I read the examples within the article, yes. I consciously chose controversial crap as the verbiage because "hate speech" is thrown around too much these days for my liking. This person was an idiot that holds stupid beliefs. How about that?
This was 100% hate speech no need to dance around it with specific verbiage. Just call a spade a spade.

Reactions: 17 users
I would agree that hate speech is facing concept creep by some, but this woman stated she would give people the wrong meds for being Jewish, on top of all the other anti-Semitic rants. She should never be allowed anywhere near medicine plain and simple.

Reactions: 13 users
She’s been posting stuff for years it says? If this was a white guy posting stuff about a minority he would have been booted from med school before hitting enter on his keyboard.

Reactions: 6 users
Good riddance

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
She’s been posting stuff for years it says? If this was a white guy posting stuff about a minority he would have been booted from med school before hitting enter on his keyboard.

She attended a Jewish med school. I think it’s safe to say that the school wasn’t aware of the social media posts rather than a case of her receiving special treatment because she’s not a white male or w/e.

Reactions: 9 users
She attended a Jewish med school. I think it’s safe to say that the school wasn’t aware of the social media posts rather than a case of her receiving special treatment because she’s not a white male or w/e.

Similarly, Former Doctor/Permanent Embarrassment Anjali Ramkissoon was booted out of her program pretty quickly after the world discovered her drunken rampage against the Uber driver. Didn't see anyone claiming it would have been different based on her sex/race at that time.

Seems just as unlikely of a conspiracy this time too.

Similarly, Former Doctor/Permanent Embarrassment Anjali Ramkissoon was booted out of her program pretty quickly after the world discovered her drunken rampage against the Uber driver. Didn't see anyone claiming it would have been different based on her sex/race at that time.

Seems just as unlikely of a conspiracy this time too.
Anjali is still practicing right now. She is harassed, but practicing. She was a 4th year resident.

Anjali is still practicing right now. She is harassed, but practicing. She was a 4th year resident.

Yea that was nothing compared to this nut case

Reactions: 4 users
Man...
I will never understand how people can display such open hatred towards groups of people. It just doesn’t make sense to me. But this chick’s deep seeded issues go above and beyond...

Man...
I will never understand how people can display such open hatred towards groups of people. It just doesn’t make sense to me. But this chick’s deep seeded issues go above and beyond...

Observation tells me that it is upbringing. Bigotry is a failure of parenting.

The crazy thing is the tweet is a reply from 2012 where basically states she would "give the wrong meds to people she didn't like". Then said investigator found she was talking subtly about jews i guess. Makes me think she either made a patient angry or somebody had it out for her.

The crazy thing is the tweet is a reply from 2012 where basically states she would "give the wrong meds to people she didn't like". Then said investigator found she was talking subtly about jews i guess. Makes me think she either made a patient angry or somebody had it out for her.

Yea I’m sure it was just a one time thing...

Canary Mission

And She did not say she’d give the wrong meds to “people she didn’t like” (bad enough right?) then someone elsemade it seem she was “subtly talking about Jews I guess”....she was directing referring to Jews. Her rabid antisemitism is well documented by her statements.

And She did not say she’d give the wrong meds to “people she didn’t like” (bad enough right?) then someone elsemade it seem she was “subtly talking about Jews I guess”....she was directing referring to Jews. Her rabid antisemitism is well documented by her statements.

I never heard of the resource you linked so appreciate that reference. but like the resource you referenced. Most these anti-semetic tweets are from 2012 (6 years ago). There is two tweets are vindictive (According to your resource) is from 2017 (2 years ago). So now recently all this anti-semetic tweets suddenly becomes apparent? Still suggests someone else did their research on the person with an objective.

I'm not trying to argue the content that was tweeted. It is pretty terrible to say. But lets not assume this information from several years ago just happened to come out accidentally.

I never heard of the resource you linked so appreciate that reference. but like the resource you referenced. Most these anti-semetic tweets are from 2012 (6 years ago). There is two tweets are vindictive (According to your resource) is from 2017 (2 years ago). So now recently all this anti-semetic tweets suddenly becomes apparent? Still suggests someone else did their research on the person with an objective.

I'm not trying to argue the content that was tweeted. It is pretty terrible to say. But lets not assume this information from several years ago just happened to come out accidentally.
Everyone got dirt just gotta get people mad so they pull out the shovel

Undergrad was JCU. Breeding ground for these views. She’s a small fish.

This should be a warning that you should not be posting anything to social media as a college student, med student, resident, or fellow. I don’t post anything to social media as an attending, because there is no upside. As a physician you will be earning amongst the top 1%. You will already be a target for shady lawyers, hucksters, and other people looking to fleece you. Don’t post on social media. If you’re a member of a closed medicine only Facebook group, don’t post anything you wouldn’t be comfortable being used against you in a court of law.

Reactions: 13 users
This should be a warning that you should not be posting anything to social media as a college student, med student, resident, or fellow. I don’t post anything to social media as an attending, because there is no upside. As a physician you will be earning amongst the top 1%. You will already be a target for shady lawyers, hucksters, and other people looking to fleece you. Don’t post on social media. If you’re a member of a closed medicine only Facebook group, don’t post anything you wouldn’t be comfortable being used against you in a court of law.

I’m coming for your bux

Ok then. The kkk was just bad taste right?

Ramkissoon changed her name to Dr. Anjali N. Nobile MD(not sure if due to marriage or something else) and currently practicing as Psych/General practitioner in North Miami

This didn't just happen to come out....from the originally linked article:

"The controversial website Canary Mission that hosts dossiers on pro-Palestinian student activists, professors, and organizations, focusing primarily on those who work in North American universities, published and linked their site to dozens of such tweets by Kollab. "

Guess some med schools don't really do much (if any) due diligence on social media posts since some very eggregious ones were from 2012 (presumably before she would've applied to med school)

EDIT: Which residency program was she in? Can't find that info in any of these articles.

"The controversial website Canary Mission that hosts dossiers on pro-Palestinian student activists, professors, and organizations, focusing primarily on those who work in North American universities, published and linked their site to dozens of such tweets by Kollab. "

Guess some med schools don't really do much (if any) due diligence on social media posts since some very eggregious ones were from 2012 (presumably before she would've applied to med school)

EDIT: Which residency program was she in? Can't find that info in any of these articles.
Cleveland Clinic IM.

I'm surprised by the lack of vetting as well.

I'm surprised by the lack of vetting as well.
There is no way medical schools, let alone residencies, can comb through all these applicants tweets looking for problematic tweets. Especially if you're like me and wouldn't know some of these were slurs without being told, since it's from a different culture. Someone on reddit was shocked that this wasn't picked up on a background check and it in turn shocked me that someone thought background checks went through tweets.

NBA, NFL, and MLB players have old tweets exposed every day and they all have agents and PR teams that control their social media presence.

There is no way medical schools, let alone residencies, can comb through all these applicants tweets looking for problematic tweets. Especially if you're like me and wouldn't know some of these were slurs without being told, since it's from a different culture. Someone on reddit was shocked that this wasn't picked up on a background check and it in turn shocked me that someone thought background checks went through tweets.

NBA, NFL, and MLB players have old tweets exposed every day and they all have agents and PR teams that control their social media presence.

Check out this thread on the General Residency Forum:
Does your private life get considered when being interviewed for residency?

For one thing, it's much easier for residencies to filter than it is for medical schools (1000s of apps vs. 10s of interviewees being seriously considered). This on top of the fact that a residency slot is a much bigger investment and risk/benefit calculation than 1/200 medical student spots each year.

On top of that, there's stuff like this:
I don't know how much is done prior to interviews, but of those who get interviews, we do some serious google jiu jitsu and pull up every scrap of info we can find and contact anyone we know from their school or other away rotations, even their own classmates if we have a connection with them. We also enlist the help of literally every person who helps out with interview day in some capacity to alert us to any people with attitude problems. And despite what people think, I've yet to encounter an applicant that changed their FB name whose profile I couldn't locate in under 2 minutes. Equally easy to find their twitter profiles as well and Lord knows people post some crazy stuff there!

I dunno how much of that I believe or is actually possible, but it is something to consider. I'd imagine if I was matched into a program and they asked me about a classmate who I knew posted anti-semitic/racist stuff for years that would probably be the first thing out of my mouth.

This was actually my opinion at first... that someone was vilifying her unfairly for dumb things she said in college. But a few things stuck out.

1) she didn’t stop when she went to med school. While her worst posts were from college, she was calling Jews “dogs” and wishing death on them while in medical school.

2) she continued to actively post on a page that openly supported the murder of Jews through medical school.

3) Think about why the “wrong meds” comment was the headline. That is NOT a childish mistake. That tweet meets several requirements for a serious threat. It specifies a how (wrong meds), a why (because they’re Jews), and even hints at a when (when she’s licensed).

Let’s not split hairs: Lara Kollab, at the very adult age of 22, declared to the public that she intended to abuse the trust placed in her as a physician, to murder and maim people belonging to a group she disliked. Hard stop.

Reactions: 10 users
This was actually my opinion at first... that someone was vilifying her unfairly for dumb things she said in college. But a few things stuck out.

1) she didn’t stop when she went to med school. While her worst posts were from college, she was calling Jews “dogs” and wishing death on them while in medical school.

2) she continued to actively post on a page that openly supported the murder of Jews through medical school.

3) Think about why the “wrong meds” comment was the headline. That is NOT a childish mistake. That tweet meets several requirements for a serious threat. It specifies a how (wrong meds), a why (because they’re Jews), and even hints at a when (when she’s licensed).

Let’s not split hairs: Lara Kollab, at the very adult age of 22, declared to the public that she intended to abuse the trust placed in her as a physician, to murder and maim people belonging to a group she disliked. Hard stop.
Lol didn’t she issue an apology. Of course after she was fired lmao

Initially I was completely outraged like everyone else, but after learning she said this stuff before medical school, I feel as if there should be some kind of "forgiveness" period. We shouldn't be firing people over things they said as young adults who may now have changed their minds. If there is evidence she was saying this stuff more recently, then by all means end job

Initially I was completely outraged like everyone else, but after learning she said this stuff before medical school, I feel as if there should be some kind of "forgiveness" period. We shouldn't be firing people over things they said as young adults who may now have changed their minds. If there is evidence she was saying this stuff more recently, then by all means end job
If your mom needed a doctor would you ever send her to this woman? Regardless of how long it's been, it's a sign of crappy thinking and I don't think any patient can truly trust her. She did it to herself, she made her bed now she must lie in it.

At what age are you responsible? She wasn’t a child, she was an adult. This isn’t an isolated incident from decades prior, she just stopped broadcasting her hatred as much during med school.

As mentioned above, she was writing inflammatory stuff until very recently. This wasn't a "she was just a young college kid".

And frankly, I don't care how old you are, there's simply no excuse for saying "I'll give them the wrong medicine". Even in jest, this is intent to harm. There are lines you simply don't cross.

As mentioned above, she was writing inflammatory stuff until very recently. This wasn't a "she was just a young college kid".

And frankly, I don't care how old you are, there's simply no excuse for saying "I'll give them the wrong medicine". Even in jest, this is intent to harm. There are lines you simply don't cross.
Young people say really stupid stuff that they don't actually mean. Probably everyone reading this at some point in their lives been mad at someone or joked that someone annoying "should just die" and doesn't mean they would actually want that. Our society has become way too judgmental. Of course, if she's said this stuff recently, then it should be treated with more skepticism, but I'm not about to hold something a dumb college kid says over their head for the rest of their lives unless there is proof it is pervasive

Canary mission has screenshot of her posting antisemitic stuff all the way up to summer of 2017. That would have been her ms-4 year, 1 month before eras was due.
In that case, she should definitely be suspended/terminated. I was thinking this was way before starting medicine

Young people say really stupid stuff that they don't actually mean. Probably everyone reading this at some point in their lives been mad at someone or joked that someone annoying "should just die" and doesn't mean they would actually want that. Our society has become way too judgmental. Of course, if she's said this stuff recently, then it should be treated with more skepticism, but I'm not about to hold something a dumb college kid says over their head for the rest of their lives unless there is proof it is pervasive
I agree to a point, Hawkie. We can forgive a DUI, even though drunks do kill families like mine. There definitely are Adcom members who believe in redemption.

But this gal really crossed a line for me, and others. But it's also hard to view this as an intellectual exercise in "what if she only made a single bad tweet when she was 19?"

Makes for good interview question fodder.

I agree to a point, Hawkie. We can forgive a DUI, even though drunks do kill families like mine. There definitely are Adcom members who believe in redemption.

But this gal really crossed a line for me, and others. But it's also hard to view this as an intellectual exercise in "what if she only made a single bad tweet when she was 19?"

Makes for good interview question fodder.
I agree her comments are heinous and the ideal is perfect people would go into medicine, but I'm just troubled that we live in a society that so easily vilifies people over their past. Maybe she's not the right person to make this point with, but I see people like Kevin Hart losing their job over something they said many years ago and have in the interim shown remorse and change to no avail to the people ready to just want to end their career.

But yes, we can agree if her attitude was pervasive into months before the match that she was too much of a risk to keep around.

How does your school vet applicant's social media presence?
Peace of cake

Interviewer: "So before we go any further...Eh hem... do you hate the Jews on social media?"
Applicant: "Absolutely"
Interviewer: "I see"

Problem solved.

Peace of cake

Interviewer: "So before we go any further...Eh hem... do you hate the Jews on social media?"
Applicant: "Absolutely"
Interviewer: "I see"

Problem solved.

*Plot twist

"Well, they're flaming racist... but gosh do I like their honesty. Let's give 'em a chance!"

Reactions: 7 users