Medical MedEdits Educational Advising and Professional Editing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
MedEdits LLC is happy to participate in Student Doctor Network's Test Prep Week 2011! MedEdits LLC is a medical education advising and editing company that offers guidance for premedical and medical students and resident trainees.

We have two divisions of our company:

1) Advising, interview preparation, and editing services by Dr. Jessica Freedman.

2) Professional editing by our small team of writers and editors. All documents submitted to MedEdits are reviewed by two professionals, a distinct advantage over the single review offered by our competitors.

Many people ask us how we compare with the competition:

Experience:

Dr. Freedman is the only private advisor who has served as both a medical school and residency admissions officer. She has been privately advising applicants for the past three years since leaving the Mount Sinai School of Medicine faculty in New York. She thus has the unique perspective of understanding the medical education and admissions processes from both the "inside" and the "outside." She has also practiced medicine in a variety of settings including competitive academic environments and community settings.

Comfort working with families:

We understand that many parents want to be peripherally involved in the admissions process and are comfortable partnering with them.

Results:

Dr. Freedman has successfully helped hundreds of applicants through the medical school and residency admissions processes. Some are outstanding candidates while others are "borderline." She gives every student individualized guidance based on his or her situation and background. Click Here to see where our clients are accepted to medical school.

Up to date guidance and innovative solutions:

Dr. Freedman and the MedEdits team stay up to date with advances in medical education and admissions. We attend the annual Association of American Medical Colleges meeting and read academic medicine journals. We are constantly trying to improve what we offer clients. That our competitors often try to imitate what we provide is one indicator that we are leaders in the industry.

Like MedEdits on Facebook and be eligible for contests and promotions.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
In terms of your professional editing services, do you guys also review primary and secondary applications in addition to the PS?

If so, what is the methodology and procedure that you use when evaluating the primary application beyond the PS? Specifically, do you just edit the 15 spots included for the EC's, or do you offer strategic consultation on what and how to depict activities that you have participated in within those spots; do you verify that schools have been indicated on the primary, or do you offer suggestions on what particular schools may be suitable for that particular applicant, etc.

My question is, how involved are your consultants in the process? Is it just a send my your primary "rough draft" and I will send you the "edited based on your rough draft" have a nice day approach? Or is it a more involved personalized approach?

In terms of your professional editing services, do you guys also review primary and secondary applications in addition to the PS?

If so, what is the methodology and procedure that you use when evaluating the primary application beyond the PS? Specifically, do you just edit the 15 spots included for the EC's, or do you offer strategic consultation on what and how to depict activities that you have participated in within those spots; do you verify that schools have been indicated on the primary, or do you offer suggestions on what particular schools may be suitable for that particular applicant, etc.

My question is, how involved are your consultants in the process? Is it just a send my your primary "rough draft" and I will send you the "edited based on your rough draft" have a nice day approach? Or is it a more involved personalized approach?

We review all admissions documents including activities entries, secondary essays, and letters of intent.

With regards to editing services, our editors will not only modify grammar, but also make suggestions to improve content. Each editing service includes two revisions. You will work closely with your editor until your service is complete.

Dr. Freedman is MedEdits' only consultant. When working with Dr. Freedman, she offers individualized guidance on what should be included in application activities entries and other admissions documents. Her level of involvement in the process depends on the client; some clients work with her over several years while others work with her on only specific parts of the admissions process. She does offer advice on where an applicant should apply.

We review all admissions documents including activities entries, secondary essays, and letters of intent.

With regards to editing services, our editors will not only modify grammar, but also make suggestions to improve content. Each editing service includes two revisions. You will work closely with your editor until your service is complete.

Dr. Freedman is MedEdits' only consultant. When working with Dr. Freedman, she offers individualized guidance on what should be included in application activities entries and other admissions documents. Her level of involvement in the process depends on the client; some clients work with her over several years while others work with her on only specific parts of the admissions process. She does offer advice on where an applicant should apply.

Sounds good, I will look over your website here within the next couple of weeks as this years admissions cycle begins to creep up on me.

I think this service can really help me out with my applications. There is so much to do and and the process can become so easily overwhelming. With this service, I think my application would shine up nicely!