Medical blogs

Started by esafille
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

esafille

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I was wondering what interesting and/or entertaining medical / med school blogs might be out there. I'm making the switch from Law, and there are a handful of blogs out there that I would read, namely Above the Law (self-described as a "legal tabloid"). Any equivalent Med blogs out there? Thanks 🙂
 
A good place to start, and then leave as soon as you're oriented, is kevinmd.com. He's a media *****, but he covers everything lightly. You can find links to doctor blogs from there that match your political personality.

I eat from RSS feeds for the NYT health section and the WSJ health blog, if it matters it's here somewhere:
http://www.nytimes.com/pages/health/index.html?partner=rss
http://blogs.wsj.com/health

Gotta read Verghese: http://correspondents.theatlantic.com/abraham_verghese/

My favorites - some of these don't have much traffic lately:

The author of the scutmonkey cartoon has a full historical record through med school: http://theunderweardrawer.blogspot.com

Canadian med student: blog.vitummedicinus.com

Rural med: http://www.ruraldoctoring.com/

Ohio surgeon: http://ohiosurgery.blogspot.com/

ER doc: http://trismus1.wordpress.com/

Another ER doc: http://allbleedingstops.blogspot.com/

NEJM image of the week: http://content.nejm.org/misc/eicm.shtml?ssource=imagefeed

South African surgeon: http://other-things-amanzi.blogspot.com/

Pharm commentary: http://drmintz.blogspot.com/

Bipolar med student: http://bipolarinmedschool.blogspot.com/

a group of ER docs: http://thecentralline.org/

Carrib med student who transferred to Drexel: http://rumorsweretrue.wordpress.com
 
Drmidlife and Chinocochino -- thank you for that explosion of references! Looks like I'll have plenty of sites to check out this Sunday afternoon 😀