Medical Bureaucracy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDAD

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lately I have been hear a lot of talk about how bad the bureaucracy in medicine is become so bad, that established previously happy physicians are contemplating leaving.

How much are malpractice insurance premiums for each specialty?

How significantly has the insurance and health care companies influenced the quality if care that doctors are able to preform?

I am just wondering what negatives are involved. Dentistry has barely any compared to medicine. Why has the world of medicine become so difficult?

Members don't see this ad.

eh im just talking here...

but see if post information that is less than accurate then many other people on sdn will see and will respond...giving you more responses to your question ;)

so the amount of health insurance premiums obviously varies on specialty but also depending on what state you practice in (i think) this only makes sense to me because some states that have caps on malpractice insurance awards probably have lower malpractice insurance premiums.

well ive met doctors that were leaving their field because of the bureaucracy as well. so it must obviously have a strong influence. but the thought of this for the most part shouldnt drive you away from a certain specialty if you have a passion for it. the people who walk away are doing it probably because they entered medicine in a different environment than the ones we as medical students face today. they dont like whats going on most likely. we obviously more and more find this current environment as a part of our jobs and just have to learn to deal with an added stress.

why has the world of medicine become so difficult? ask the people who file frivolous lawsuits. not to say there arent valid cases and those people need some compensation for something that can never be fully compensated...but there cant be that many valid cases can there?