Medical Coding Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Futuredoctr

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently pursuing a dual DO/MHA (healthcare admin). I don't really know what I want to do, but I'm pretty confident I want to own my own practice in whatever field I go into. With that said, would taking a coding class be beneficial or not, or would it be something I could easily pick up on my own? Thanks for any input.
 
I'm currently pursuing a dual DO/MHA (healthcare admin). I don't really know what I want to do, but I'm pretty confident I want to own my own practice in whatever field I go into. With that said, would taking a coding class be beneficial or not, or would it be something I could easily pick up on my own? Thanks for any input.
yes taking a medical coding course would help you in better reimbursments from the private and medicare/medical insurance companies.