Medical Corps in Iraq

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vtucci

Attending in Emergency Medicine
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I wanted to see if there is anyone on here who is currently serving in a medical corps in Iraq.

The reason I ask is that there are some student groups at my medical school who would like to initiate a letter/e-mail writing campaign and maybe send over some goodies (like DVDs or homemade items that won't melt) depending on whether we can send it to a US P.O. Box. We support you and want to thank you for your service!!

Cheers,

Members don't see this ad.

give me a year or so and i'll be there, lol.

as far as i know there aren't any currently deployed folks here.

and just in case you didn't know, the post office will give you free boxes and packing supplies if you're sending stuff over.

thanks for your support-- hopefully you'll find someone to send stuff to.

--your friendly neighborhood appreciative caveman

Thanks. I did not know about the post office. That will save some $$$.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone.

I wanted to see if there is anyone on here who is currently serving in a medical corps in Iraq.

The reason I ask is that there are some student groups at my medical school who would like to initiate a letter/e-mail writing campaign and maybe send over some goodies (like DVDs or homemade items that won't melt) depending on whether we can send it to a US P.O. Box. We support you and want to thank you for your service!!

Cheers,

Sorry, I don't really know of any... just wanted to say, great idea! Even for those of us who were having a relatively good time Over There, it was fantastic to get a little support, thanks, and chocolate from stateside. The alumni coordinator from my school organized a bunch of the elementary schoolers to send me cards and drawing and cookies and stuff, it was great. :)

One of my high school friends sent me those miniature chocolate bottles with hard alcohol flavors... I had no idea what was inside and opened it while at the office. Within about 5 seconds a strong rum smell had spread through that corner of the room. :laugh: I pretty much dived under the desk with it before they could courts-martial me.

give me a year or so and i'll be there, lol.

as far as i know there aren't any currently deployed folks here.

and just in case you didn't know, the post office will give you free boxes and packing supplies if you're sending stuff over.

thanks for your support-- hopefully you'll find someone to send stuff to.

--your friendly neighborhood appreciative caveman

Not currently over there, but spent most of the last year and a half in that AOR.

happy to be back with the family but the clinic I work in sucks.

i want out

Call the MTF's directly. WHMC and DGMC always have people there. I have two MD's from my department and many nurses and techs gone right now and many more going in Jan.

Call the MTF's directly. WHMC and DGMC always have people there. I have two MD's from my department and many nurses and techs gone right now and many more going in Jan.

Allow me to say that, regardless of the animus I may harbor against military medicine in its current incarnation, the intention of the original poster (OP) is very sweet, and quite commendable.

Allow me to start the ball rolling with the address/phone of my last duty station:

Attention: Chief of Clinical Services
89 MDG/SGH
Malcolm Grow Medical Center
Building 1050, West Perimeter Road
Andrews Air Force Base, MD 20762

Main Phone: 240-857-5911

Why do I feel the OP should ask the SGH for help?

1) Appendix on org chart-- doesn't have much useful to do anyway except go to meetings where decisions are made by those in the line (vs. medical) chain of command (Group and Squadron CCs)
2) Should have a list somewhere of all deployed docs from all sections
3) This project should prove an excellent distractor from online Sudoku and thinking up new ways to restrict physicians from wearing the Medical Corps senior badges until they have put in 19.7 years like the nurses.

Now, y'all can get on board this most meritorious project by posting contact info for y'all's MTFs and/or deployed locations.

A totally non-cynical and touched,

--
R