Medical Dictionary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kvl1027

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, Im coming in from the Pharmacy Thread. I just had a quick question regarding what the "best", or most recommended medical dictionary available. I am currently in my first year PharmD, and would like to have one to reference. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it matters that much. Just pick one that's reasonably priced. Taber's is good. They're all the same.

Taber's is the one I was going to get. I figured they were pretty much all the same, just thought I'd ask, thanks for the suggestion!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any of them would work well. I like the large dictionaries that have famous physicians in history listed as well. Not clinically useful but good to have when you are preparing powerpoints or presentations.

I bought my stedman's concise medical dictionary :thumbup: in undergrad for a medical terminology class. I have used it more than I used my "required" textbooks for the first two years and still use it for reference in third. A very good dictionary

Dorland's is good too