medical doctor from Non-EU country for specialization in Austria

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorXx

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I am a doctor of general medicine, coming from Macedonia, which you all know is not an EU country.
So, I know I have to nostrificate my diploma wherever I go.

I am interested in passing b2 German in a few months, then going in Austria, continuing my specialization there.

But I dont know the rules about nostrificating in Austria. Is it the same as Germany, where you go to hospital for a practice and they give you a working visa and you have two years to take the exam for medical license and C1 German?

Please provide me with some additional informations if any of you knows.

Thank you so much in advance!
Best wishes,
Monika

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi Monika,
I am too interested to peruse residency in Austria ,there is a lack of information about Austria because the majority of post graduates in non eu countries are seeking jobs in Germany.
That being said ,what I heard is that you need to speak fluent German, you need to contact a university there and send them your documents . Then you take an exam (multiple choice questions , I heard it’s about 250 mcqs) after that and according to your score ,the university will set the different or the gap of knowledge (for example they will tell you ,you need to study again pharmacology, OBGY ,etc..) ,so you need to take these subjects and take an orally test on them .
That’s what I know ,and am not sure about it .
Best of luck